Does drinking coffee really keep you up at night?

I think that this depends just by the every body of a person . For example , If I drink coffee before going to sleep , of course that it helps me to stay better "alive" , and if I choose to go to sleep after I have drink some coffee , I`ll sleep like a little baby all night long . Well , actually the babyes are wakeing up , but I wanted to say that I one , I can drink anytime coffee ; but that differs from body to body .What do you say
@fujin1985 (684)
Well, coffee is considered a stimulant. Usually i drink coffee in the morning to at least reduce my sleepiness. They say it wards off fatigue too.
@marciascott (25554)
That true it does. it gives you energy. when i go to work in the morning I might drink one cup but not everyday. I read somewhere that coffee makes you think better. make you think better.
@TerryZ (22083)
If I drink coffee at night or with my dinner forget I will be up all night. So I dont do that. I have learned my lesson. Cheers
@jewel76 (2305)
Coffee does not affect my system in any way. I always have a coffee at night around 10 p.m. and i go to bed around 11h30, and i fast asleep fast and sleep like a baby. I think it's more psychological than anything else. My two brothers in law won't drink coffee all week, cuz they work and they need their sleep they say. One time, on a sunday night, one of them came over for coffee, and we had nothing left but decaf of which he had two cups. The next day, he told us he couldn't sleep all night! We told him he had decaf, and he was like, "really?" . Also, it's not the coffee itself that "keeps people awake" but the caffeine it contains. My brother in law drinks coke every night, and he sleeps, no problem...so what's with the coffee keeping him awake?
@marciascott (25554)
It does depend on the person. I don't drink alot of coffee. I like tea, with lemon. some people if they drink alot of coffee they can't go to sleep it's the caffeine that keeps you woke. and then some people half to drink coffee to stay up. when I worked night shift I use to drink coffee to keep from going to sleep.
Caffeine can have an effect on a lot of people, which is why Doctors recommend not drinking it at night. However it is not wise to drink something just to stay awake. Sleepiness is the body's way of saying we need rest and not to get that rest when we should can be more harmful than anything else.