Fruit diet

@sherinek (3323)
I am trying to lose weight further and since recently, I have started a fruit diet once a week for breakfast. I think it is very effective. I feel very light and I know its good for my skin as well. What are your special and secretive dieting habits (if you like to share of course).
@ossie16d (11834)
Good one Sherinek, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Other suggestions are that you have cereal for breakfast. I have that plus sometimes put yoghurt and fruit with it, for a bit of variety. Eat several small meals a day, as that stops the hunger from hitting you. When you feel hungry, you will be more tempted to eat things that are not so food for you in the long term. Drink plenty of water, recommended 8 glasses per day. Go for lean meats, low fat milk (although I do not as I cannot stand the taste of it), lots of fruit and vegetables. Walk when you can, as even 10 minutes at a time is better than nothing at all. When we first started to do some exercise, we would walk for 10 minutes, then gradually increased it when we could manage more till we reached 30 minutes a day. As time went on, we found that we could also increase the pace we walked and that certainly helped a lot as well. Everything in moderation, and if sometimes you eat something that is not on your new eating plan (note I do not use the "d..." word), it isn't the end of the world. Just pick off where you left off and you will soon be back on track. Good luck to you and hope that all goes well with it Sherinek. I will not add any more to this, since I can see that you have some really good advice earlier but I did want to add a few words to you.
@sherinek (3323)
I love moderation, in fact everything in my life, i try to apply that! (but sometimes its difficult (LOL)) I hate the D... word as well cos we here it too much! Sometimes i skip my dinner. Sometimes i take a very good dinner. I wonder why some ladies are overly thinking about losing weight in a hurry. I have understood that we have gained weight slowly and we have to lose also slowly. When i thought i should lose weight, i tried to reduce the quantity of food that i take. It was very effective, slow, but effective. In about a year or so, i have lost 10 kgs. That's enough for me, cos i am not running for "Mrs world title" (LOL)
@ossie16d (11834)
It is great to read that you have lost the weight that you wanted to Sherine and also that you did it over a period of time. I am certain that this is the best way and now that the weight is off, it will stay off too. Congratulations to you dear friend.
@babyjane (1395)
1. Drink water Water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off longer term. Water acts as an appetite suppressant by keeping your stomach full and fending off dehydration which can lead to false cravings/hunger. Water also helps your body metabolize stored fat by helping the kidneys flush out waste. When you don't drink enough water the liver which works to provide stored fat for energy helps the kidneys eliminate waste and becomes less effective at metabolizing fat. Drinking water ice cold burns about 62 calories a day. Your body has to work to raise that waters temperature to your body's temperature. This equals around 430 calories per week. 2. Eat regularly This means eating 5 times a day and the most important meal is breakfast. Make sure you fuel your body first thing in the morning to avoid hunger pangs later in the day. When you eat 5 times a day you will never feel hungry, make sure the total calories consumed are sensible and don't over eat in any of the meals learn portion size control! 3. Eat lots of fibre Eating adequate fiber foods to help keep things moving through your bowel. And like water, fiber rich foods bulk you up and make you feel fuller for longer. Fibre is found only in plant foods our bodies cant digest it to so it simply goes through the body. During the elimination process it cuts calories consumed by attaching to protein and fat that you eat along with it removes that as well In addition, high fiber foods are typically low in calories and filling, so you are reducing your calorie intake overall. Good fibre foods include: strawberries, apples, figs, chickpeas, potatoes, (with skins) broccoli, brown rice, beans, bran and nuts. 4. Consume more good fats There are good fats and bad fats Good fats provide you with essential fatty acids (linoleic and linolenic acids) needed for normal reproduction and growth, as well as for production of prostoglandin, a hormone like compound that regulates blood pressure, prevents blood clotting and lowers the risk of heart disease. For example, the reason oily fish is a great food stems from the fact that the essential fatty acids which it contains can actually help your body burn fat more efficiently and protect against disease. Get at least three portions of oily fish a week with Salmon, mackerel, herrings and sardines being good choices. 5. Get plenty of quality protein Quality protein is an effective weight control tool because of the satiety factor and its ability to keep you full for longer periods. It also balances out carbohydrates by preventing insulin spikes that cause energy loss and sugar cravings Protein helps to maintain muscle mass which is important in the fat burning process. Good choices include: Fish, shrimps, Low fat cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, skimmed milk, egg whites, s Weight gain is caused by consuming too many calories, whether they are from carbohydrate, protein or fat. 6. Carbohydrates can help you lose weight Don't believe what you read about carbohydrates being bad for you, they can actually help you lose weight! A diet containing good carbohydrates such fruits and vegetables, wholegrains and moderate in fat and calories, will result in weight loss Good carbohydrates will also help you combat hunger pangs as they are slowly realized into the body. When eating carbohydrates eat them "from the earth" with no refining or processing. These include whole grains, vegetables; fruits and beans. Sensible weight loss If you have read the above you will see that it is not the food group, but the quality of the food in it that's important for fast weight loss.
@sherinek (3323)
I think this is the best article that i ever read on weight loss. Thanks a lot for taking time to post this. Have a great day.
@jheLaichie (4439)
i dont have any dieting habits my friend but i do am dieting now. yes thats a very effective way to lose some weight. fruits are good anti oxidants. means its really good for us. im still finding my right ways to diet that i wouldn't head up to a whole new of sickness that may occur. thanks my friends and good day!
@ssh123 (31104)
Fruit diet is always better if the quantity is not too much. In addition you try a glass of water, a tea spoonful of honey, a slice of lemon squeezed and drink it every day.
@oldboy46 (2132)
Well when I wanted to lose weight I did several things. One was that I used to exercise every day, and sometimes that might just be getting out of my truck and doing a slow walk around it to check all the tyres. After that it would be a really fast walk around it a couple of times. Drink lots of water every day, plus eat fresh food only. Fruit and vegetables every day are important. At night when I stopped, I would pull on my sneakers and go for a bit of a run. After a while some of the other truckies would come with me, and it was good. Still, I would run with them or on my own every day. Cut out sugar and sweet things and also fat as well, as none of them are good for you. Eat grain bread instead of white bread. Some of those might not apply to you because dietary things are different in many countries. Use olive oil only, as it is good for you and your heart too.