TV Weather Persons.

I think TV weather persons have the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. Why? They get paid real well. Well into the six figure income, at least. Have you ever heard of one getting FIRED? It does not happen. Does anyone REALLY EXPECT THEM TO BE RIGHT? I don't think so. If you made as many mistakes as they do, how long do you think you would have the same job? Not very long, I expect. Does anyone else have anything constructive to say about this subject?
I never stopped to think about them but you are so right. I have been seeing the same faces on TV for years.
@cowgirl2701 (2081)
We have been referring to them as Weather Guessers lately. They try and guess what the weather will be like. You are right we wouldn't have a job long if we made mistakes that often. LOL..
With the technology that is available today, they should be able to be more accurate than 50/50. It would be nice to have a job, that if you make the wrong choices, that you didn't have to worry about losing your job. For instance, a financial analyst.
Weather persons have come a long way in the last few years. I know when I was a child they just wanted a pretty weather personality to get out and point at the map. I think for the overall predictions, they can be pretty general, and still be right. The more specific local ones SEEM to be wrong pretty often. We have one regional station that donates to charity whenever the temperature is within three degrees of the prediction, and they have given away quite a bit of money, so they must be guessing something right.