Do you believe the nerve of some people?

I was reading in the paper today about a single woman who lives in NewYork but drove 6 hours away to Delaware with her infant child walked into a Wal-Mart with her child in her arms and stole 1,780.00 dollars worth of DVD's. Stealing is wrong but to do it with your infant is beyond me. People like that dont deserve to raise their kids or at least be made to get help before getting their children back. What do you think?
I have seen this happen on a couple of occasions. A woman would take her child into a shop and steal some groceries or clothes. I can only assume, that she is under the impression that if she has a child with her, she will look less like a store thief. I wonder how she managed to take all those dvds and still have a child under her arms. She must be either very sick or very professional.
I think shje is both. I used to work in a wal-mart in the infant dept. and you would be amazed at some of the things people would do. They would come in with their child in a stroller and the stroller would be full of merchandise under the baby when they walked out. Then when they get caught they would beg saying they would get beat if their husband or boyfriend found out and they would never do it again. But you know they will.
@polachicago (19143)
Maybe she was mentally sick. Why was she steeling DVD's? How many DVD's you have to take to be $1780? Steeling is wrong, but I have heard about sickness when people are doing it. Anyway, I would never go shopping with an infant. Infants should stay home.Poor baby.
they said she was stealing them to resell on ebay and flea markets.
@aquarian9 (549)
Well, that's it. You know anyone that passes the test can drive. Still, there is no requirement for parenting. I really hate to see kids mistreated. She was likely going to sell them. Chances are good it would be to support a narcotics habit. Sad, so sad...
Narcotics, alchohol, money its all the same its an excuse for their sick demented minds.
@speakeasy (4215)
Well, at least she didn't leave the baby alone in her vehicle and expect the parking attendant to watch it while she was gone - that happened a couple of weeks ago here in AZ. Also if it is an infant, it has NO IDEA what mom did so that shouldn't affect it's moral upbrining YET. But I really don't think she should get the child back if there is someone else to take care of it. At least not until she serves her sentence and proves she has changed.
nor did she stick her child in the over just to get it to shut up that happened about 6 months ago. Either way I just couldnt believe she would use her child to try and hide the DVD's.No she didnt hurt the child's morality yet but she eventually.