Chocolate Loving Cat ?
January 30, 2007 4:14pm CST
hi..every1 will find this really strange, but its true....i dnt know if any1 else ever experienced this wit their cats...i used to hav a cat,for a long time...& unlike most cats, this 1 wud never drink any milk !!! i thought all cats loved milk !! 1 day i was eating some chocolate, wen she came & sat on my lap, & i felt, tht since she is my favourite, i must share wit her, so i took the last little bit & gav it to her :), & after tht, all she wanted was chocolate !! it was quite funny !!! i mean whenever she smelt any chocolate in the house, she'd come running, & only find, tht i was the 1 eating it...& then she would meow till i had to giv in to her demands :P ....apart from chocolate, she also loved pizza & noodles !!! strange cat eh ?
• United States
3 Feb 07
Hi there...Please STOP giving chocolate to your cat! Chocolate contains theobromine, methylxanthines, caffeine and consumed in high enough doses it can be FATAL to cats. Chocolate is a diuretic and causes the body to lose fluids dehydrating the cat putting them at risk to have a seizure, heart failure, go into a coma, etc. Please see the following website to learn about the dangers of chocolate poisoning to cats: http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatsChocolate.htm Unfortunately cats do NOT know what is good for them as many will eat what their owners eat and some of the human foods we eat is very toxic to their bodies. They will even drink antifreeze which we all know is instant fatality for them yet they do not know this. Additionally, human foods such as onions and garlic causes Heinz Body Anemia in cats and is deadly. Therefore cats should only eat foods and treats only designed for cats and not humans as we can unknowingly feed them poisons that will kill them over time. Here's a "sample" not complete list of human foods which poisonous to cats: http://www.peteducation.com:80/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1276&articleid=1029 And why table scraps are bad for cats: http://www.peteducation.com:80/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1399&articleid=833 Please PLEASE do not feed any more human foods to your cat if you truly love her as this could accidentally take her life or shorten it unexpectingly. Sources: 27 year friendship with a veterinarian I work with both exotic and domestic felines and have to be knowledgeable in feline health care and behaviour