should priests be allowed to marry?

I was reading a news article a while ago about a Catholic priest who was discovered to have a wife and children. Now he is in a lot of trouble. Do you think it os all right for a Catholic priest to get married and to have a family?
@emeraldisle (13146)
Yes catholic priests should be allowed to marry if they so choose to. I could never understand why they couldn't. I know the church says it's so their time is not divided between the church and the family as well as the fact they are to emulate Christ was they say wasn't married. Nice in theory but reality it shouldn't be that way. Huamns need companionship in one form or another. They need someone who is there for them in life. It's something we crave and long for. Why should priests be denied that? Also how can they really relate to members who are married if they have never been married themselves? Books only give so much insight after all. It's time the church changes their policies.
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
Yes they should be allowed. It is about time.
@lucy02 (5017)
I'm not Catholic but yes I don't see why not. I am Baptist and most of our preachers are married.
@NancyLobo (681)
Yes, catholic priests should be allowed to marry, in the bible it is written that those who cannot control their passions should get married there is nothing wrong in it other than just burning with passion, it is also written that those who are unmarried can serve the Lord better, as they have more time and dedication to the Lord then the married people but no where it is mentioned that they must remain unmarried.
yes offcourse they also allowed to marry . if he has wife and child i think nobody have a right to give trouble to them . they are human and so they have also right to get marry.
@sunita64 (6474)
Yes I feel priests should be allowed to marry as they are also human beings. If they are married then they will be able to know and understand the problems of normal people more clearly and would be able to guide people as and when anyone asks for help.
• Hyderabad, India
Roman Catholic priests should be allowed to marry
@ssh123 (31104)
Priests are human beings and there is no way one can put restriction on biological needs. If restrictions are too much, priests show it on their disciples (male priests on nuns).