Bloodpressure question

@shoelover (1573)
Australia
I just had my bloodpressure taken and it was 105/75. I am unsure if weight is a contributor to blood pressure but I weigh 52kgs and am 165cms tall. I have been feeling rather lightheaded lately but figured it was the heat so have been drinking lots of water. The doctor has me on propanol for migraines and this is supposed to reduce my heartrate. Now the question I have is I looked up blood pressure readings on the internet and they all say for a person over 40 it should be 140 so mine is heaps lower than that. Is there something I should do to get my bloodpressure back up? Just after ideas as if it continues to stay low I will make a trip to my doctors.
@doc_sid9 (317)
well my dear pal...i will comment on ur point...being a doc,i will complement that u have normal bp...normal wt....normal ht....recent studies have shown that bp should be around 110/70 as an ideal condition...
I'm usually 120/80 give or take.. now my pressure always goes up when I am pissed off haha or very nervous about going to see the doc :).
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou, it is nice to hear there are normal things about me. Your comment has set my mind at ease.
@MsTickle (25006)
Shoelover this is not the place where you should be looking for advice on this subjest. You need to consult your own doctor and the sooner the better. One of these above responses is giving you very incorrect info. Your own body is sending you warning signals. Please don't ignore them ... see your doctor.
@shoelover (1573)
Thanks for your advice. I will follow it and make an appointment at my doctors.
It's true, you really shouldn't wait for comments on here. Your body won't wait on that. I know from experience. I have high blood pressure and am on medication for it. I waited until mine got up to 190/100 before doing anything. I passed out and had a hard time getting it under control. Don't wait!! Call the doctor. The sooner the better!! Good luck and get well.
@craftwave (1339)
I would say that your blood pressure is fine. Mine is habitually in the 90's over somthing lower. It raely gets over 100. The doctors say it is because I have a slow heart beat.
@shoelover (1573)
You have made me feel better. Thankyou.
Sorry i dont had this experience in my life so i dont know and also i am not an Doctor to give you the correct solution, I am a Engineer so feel to ask questions over it.
@shoelover (1573)
Thanks for your comment anyway. It is appreciated.
I have very low blood pressure. Most times it is around 70/40. I was advised by my cardiologist to eat a steady diet of salt. So I eat a salty snack before bedtime. I was also told not to take a show that it too hot or go from a sitting to a standing position too quickly. I still get light headed at times and grab for whatever is behind me. But since I have increased my salt intake I have had fewer episodes. I hope this helps!
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou, this does help.
@finlander60 (1776)
There should be no problems associated with a blood pressure such as you are experiencing. I am over 60 years of age. My normal blood pressure is about 115/68. My doctor has never suggested that I do anything to raise it, and I trust his judgement. My suggestion to you is to call your Doctor and just ask. Good luck.
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou. I was a bit concerned as my normal bp is 117 so 105 is a bit low for me.
You have perfect blood pressure. 140/ is high. I took nursing and i dont know why they are saying that. Any adult with 100-130/65-80. Is a very healthy blood pressure. So dont worry. You maybe getting light headed from your meds and or from low blood sugar.
@shoelover (1573)
Your comment and advice is appreciated thankyou.
@Petrakkos (312)
• Cyprus
YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IS FINE-YOU ARE LUCKY -I WISH I HAD THE SAME BLOODPRESSURE-DO NOT WORRY
@shoelover (1573)
Your opinion is appreciated thankyou. I'll try not to worry.
@justreal (2369)
Increase your vegetable intake to four to five servings a day. Veggies like broccoli and sweet potatoes are also rich in magnesium, potassium and fiber. Choose two to three servings a day of low-fat or non-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese. Eat nuts, legumes (beans), and seeds four to five times a week. These are excellent sources of protein, as well as many minerals. Cut your meat, poultry and fish consumption down to two 3-ounce servings per day. This cuts down on saturated fat. Limit high-fat sweets, fats and oils and sodium.
@shoelover (1573)
Sounds like good dietry advice. Thankyou
hi. your blodd pressure is kinda low that's why you feel a little dizzy. you should eat garlic coz this helps raise your blood pressure. maybe you should also try to rest from time to time. search in the net some foods that can also help you. ty
@shoelover (1573)
Your comment is appreciated thankyou.
i think your bp is perfectly noirmal.stop taking propanolol as it is a beta blocker which slows heart rate as well as lowers blood pressure.if you are 20-30 years old you should have bp of 120/80 as normal.thanks
@shoelover (1573)
My heartrate was too high that is why the doctor put me on the propanolol. There is a history of heart disease in my family but after all the tests that was the only thing my doctor found. Thankyou for your comment it is appreciated.
@DigWeed (227)
you have enough blood to give me !That means :) ok ! no joke !is a problem from the heart make` more test at the doctor ! shee knows what you having in that case !
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou DigWeed. Your comment is appreciated and I have made an appointment.
Your blood pressure is similar to mine, except my lower number is lower. If you are feeling lightheaded, you should talk to your doctor. There may be other reasons for this. I've had blood pressure that was even lower than yours and it was due to other health conditions that were quite serious. I wouldn't mess with salt because that might make things worse. I've tried that and it actually hurt me much more than it helped.
@shoelover (1573)
Your comment is really appreciated thankyou.
arent you anemic?
@shoelover (1573)
I am not normally anemic but will take that into consideration. Thankyou.
If your pressure is 105/75 and it is low for what it normally is, than I would consult with the doc. If you just started taking the Propanol and than notices the decrease in pressure, than that could be it. It's best to be safe than sorry so I would call the doc no matter what. To estimate what your blood pressure should be for your age, you would up to 40 years old for a female add your age plus 90, (for men would be 100) so systolic pressure for your age should be 130 actually. Adult normal systolic pressure (top number) is from 90-150. Now a normal diastolic pressure (bottom number) would be between 60 and 90. But if you notice a notable change from what YOUR pressure is, than time to speak with the Doc. Causes of low pressure could be that a person is an athlete or very active blood loss and can even be a late sign of shock so if you feel sick in other areas of your body, than also a good reason to call the doc.
@shoelover (1573)
You are right about the shock factor. I had to rush my dad to the hospital the other day for a suspected heart attack. He is fine after a few days in hospital but it could be the stress of that causing the change in blood pressure.
honey my blood pressure is 80/50 its very low.. so urs is normal for me..
@shoelover (1573)
Wow I shouldn't complain then. Thankyou for your comment.
Where did you have your BP taken? Often times when people have their BP taken using machines that belong to another person it may not be accurate. The cuff size has much to do with this. If you are concerned about your BP, you need to consult your physician. It is better to be safe than sorry. Huggers to you!
@shoelover (1573)
I have a home blood pressure moniter which I use regularly. Thankyou I will consult my doctor.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Well I suffer at times with low Blood Pressure and mine happens with Stress I know my Illness has nothing to do with it as I had suffered with it before I think you need to go to the Doctor about it and get advise from the Doctor honest Don't mess with it and yes that is why you are going Lightheaded as I do when mine is low
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou for your advice. It has been helpful.
My man also had low blood pressure. I learned online that the #1 cause is poor nutrition. I got him eating more nutritious meals and taking a multi-vitamin daily. After a month, his blood pressure was higher. Not that this is your problem, but it worked for him. His doctor told him to use more salt on foods. :-)
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou, I have gone to the doctors and he is keeping an eye on me but says it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I do appreciate your reply it was helpful.
@Debs_place (10551)
The 140 is not what your bllod pressure should be, if you get over 140, they consider it to be high blood pressure. Continue to drink fluids, are you sure you are not anemic. Do you eat properly. You could try adding some salt to your food to help you retain some water.
@shoelover (1573)
Your comment is appreciated and helpful. Thankyou