do you donate?

I am always donating things to diffrent places. weather it is my time or something. I dont do any of it for a tax deduction or anything like that. I have donated clothes to churches. I have donated blood several times, i have donated my time to help the elderly do you donate and if so what? do you do it for the tax deduction?
@earth2jacq (1503)
I donate. I have sponsored a child to go to school through a foundation. I don't donate for any other reason than to share my blessings. My life is blessed.I have enough for myself. I cannot change humanity but if you can make a difference in the life of one child it is worth it.
@wmg2006 (5386)
Yes I do donate. I try to have a garage sale first. After the garage sale anything that does not sell gets donated. I donate to an orphan home, an abused women shelter, and a local Church. I never get receipts for the tax write off and I don't even claim it on taxes. I do it because it makes me feel good knowing I am helping others during their low time in their life.
@fujin1985 (684)
I hven't tried donating in big bulks yet, but I have tried donating some of my old clothes, toys and food to several indigents during our christmas give-a-gift program during my high school days, and also donated in a foundation where one of my instructors in college is a member. My family also gave some clothes during one of the catastrophic volcanic eruptions here in the philippines. Aside from these donations, a few of my pennies go to the less fortunate.
I donate clothes to Goodwill when ever my kids outgrow them. I don't do it for the tax deduction, I never use it.
@manong05 (5030)
I donate mostly to foundations that take care of street children. Once in a while we take the children home for a break and let them experience what a home life is. Those who are old enough to work I recommend them to friends who have their own businesses to help and to be trained to acquire some skills. No I don't do it for tax deduction purposes.
I do it all the time, just because they are nice gestures not for the tax deduction. I donate clothes to the salvation army and those kind of organizations all the time, I go through clothes so fast I have so many so I just give them away. Then I am a color guard instructor so I set up different things to help people in need a lot. Once for christmas we did "adopt a family" and we raised money to buy them clothes, toys, christmas presents etc, we got the family so much they were very appreciative! Its a good feeling to be helping people less fortunate.
@Stephanie5 (2953)
I donate clothes and baby items, I also donate food, and my time (when there is any extra). I don't do it for tax deductions or anything like that, I just do it cause it makes me feel good to do things for other people!