what are unresolved discussions?

i never paid any attention to it but in the right top corner when you click on more and then click on my unresolved discussion, my discussions are there and they have responses to them, what is it for and why do they consider them unresolved?
@freesoul (3024)
• Egypt
"Unresolved discussions" are the discussions you started and never gave "best response" to any one who responded to you .. a discussion will stay "unresolved" until you choose a best response.. You should always give best response to your discussions, you can leave them for a long period to receive more responses but if no one is posting responses for a while you should "resolve" this discussion.
thank you for the helpful information. now that you say that I have not marked all of them with best responses. thanks again
@saintz87 (439)
It seems to me that unresolved discussions are discussions that we have created and there are few or no responses from anyone yet. Even if there are few responses, they are probably unconstructive ones. Sometimes, i feel that some of the discussions have no end to it. Well, thats when the fun thing comes in, but i really dont bother looking at other's responses, many a times i feel that the responses are either boring or non-informational.