I am very proud of my husband and all he does for us...

I just want to gloat about my hubby. We have been together for 10 years and married for 8. We have two beautiful children ages 5 and almost 3. A little boy and a little girl. My husband is from Canada and he came to the US 8 years ago with about $200 in his pocket at the age of 42. He totally started over here and he has done great! He has a great job that he has worked his way up and now he is a district manager for this company. He makes so many sacrifices for us. He works so hard. He turned 51 today and he spent his birthday alone in Florida while me and the kids are in Texas still. WE are moving in the summer to be with him. He moved to Florida 2 weeks before Christmas and he has been without me and the kids for the Christmas holiday, New YEars, my son's bday and now his bday. He iwll also miss our daughter's bday. It hurts him so bad! He calls every day at least once or twice a day and I can tell he misses us so much. He is missing so much of the kids' lives. For the last 2 years, he has traveled so much that he's missed a lot, too. This is one reason we decided for him to take this job in Florida (even tho we will be moving away from my family)...so we can be together again. He misses so much and he works such long hours and does such hard work all so we can be together and I can stay home with our kids and raise them. He is a simple man and would easily live with just minimum wage and live very simple if it were just him. He does all of this for us...he does it with no complaints and no blame. There are times he gets down on himself or on how hard he works and all, but he never ever blames anyone or wishes I would get a job or thinks about quitting in order to have an "easier" life. We have a lot of bills so most of the money he makes is gone before it even arrives in the bank. It is disheartening, but he keeps on keeping on...for us! And, soon we will be together again! I can't wait! Me and the kids all miss him!
@cheenlly (3485)
oh thats very touching. your lucky you meet him. He is very responsible and good husband and a father. You should be really proud of him. Just a little sacrifice and im sure you will be together soon.
yes, i can't wait until we are together. My husband can get on my nerves sometimes, but that's the way it goes, ya know? I believe that is all marriages. But, I love him and I see the sacrifices he makes for us. He's a great man and I love him.
@villageanne (8579)
I am so sorrry that you have to be apart so much. It must really be hard. Happy Birthday to your husband. Soon you will be together again. Good for you!
thank you so much. i am proud of him...he can make me so mad sometimes, but isn't that how relationships go? LOL
I am glad you are so happy with him!! Me and my hubby have been together 7 years and married for almost 2 we have no kids but I love him so much also! He just got back from his deployment of 18 months from Iraq and he is truly my hero. I am proud of him and his is my best friend He means the world to me
He IS a hero! ANyone who can put himself last and fight for this country deserves a pat on the back. He's a wonderful guy, I'm sure. You have every right to be proud!