When does an acquantaince become a friend or a friend become a good friend?

@Bizziebod (3526)
To me a casual acquantaince becomes a friend, when you have talked and shared your thoughts with them. A friend then becomes a good friend when you have helped each other out or given them advise! In your eyes what do you think makes a 'good' friend or even a best mate?
@manong05 (5029)
Yes I agree with your point. But this word friend is sometimes used loosely. Like here in mylot, people say Hey friends out there! or my friends list. When is a friend a friend? When you find someone whom you can open your feelings to and will listen to you with concern and vice versa, you've found a friend. And as time goes by this friendship gets deeper and you feel that it will be a great loss if you lose them for they have became a part of your life.
@Bizziebod (3526)
Thats an excellent response manong05 and sums up what friendship means to me perfectly! Thank you for your response and have a great day!
@yanjiaren (9050)
a good friend is steadfast and will always be there..even if thousands of miles away.. a friend i s a priseless jewel that loves you for all your faults and failings..but is assertive and honest enough to tell you to your face when you are going off the rails too..a friend is someone never afraid to speak their mind but are also full of compassion and sensitivity..
@Bizziebod (3526)
Thank you yanjiaren another great description as a friend and one that I would agree with to! Thank you for your comment and have a great day!