Snowing in Denton County...

snow - snowing at my place
@BunGirl (2639)
This picture was taken about 5 minutes ago, out front of my house... Snow!!! And to think -- this time last year it was so warm we didn't even need jackets!
@brokentia (10396)
Our weather and weathermen are crazy too. First we went through the winter with them reporting that this is unusually warm for this state. Then, we get a blizzard and school canceled for a few day. A week later, we received an ice storm that had them out of school all week! Then they told us that we would have snow last weekend also...we got some drizzles. Now, second day of the three days of predicted snow...forst say, we got a good couple inches...or just a little less. Then, it was supposed to snow another inch today...NOPE! Just a dusting and that was it. Now, they say it might snow tomorrow...but I just looked up the weather again a few minutes ago and what was 60%...there is now nothing there! Weather has been crazy. But so have the weather people!
@BunGirl (2639)
Must be nice to have a job where you can be wrong so regularly and still get paid!
@AskAlly (3627)
Our weather here in Canada has been strange as well. We had a full out blizzard yesterday. Today the sun is shining and the sky is as blue as can be.
@BunGirl (2639)
Wow -- now THAT sounds like Texas weather to me. There's a saying down here: "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes."
@royal52gens (5380)
I used to live south of Fort Worth and there was one winter that was real bad with frigid temperatures and ice. Pretty much shut everything down for 3 days. But that was about 20 years ago. Now I live in Michigan and we get a lot of snow. The kids love it. I don't. hehehe
@lucy02 (5017)
We got snow, sleet, and freezing rain last night and the night before. It melted yesterday during the day though and has pretty much melted today. I wish it would stay on the ground awhile. It is so pretty. I love snow.
@sweetlady10 (3620)
We had snow yesterday here in my place. Ohh it's just unbelivable cold here, so annoying. I feel going out side is just scary. I am counting on days, when this winter days will be over.
I am also in Texas .... up here in Wichita county ... only the slightest hint of snow here today, and the ever-changing forecast is enough to totally drive ya crazy!! ... I would MUCH rather it be the way it was last year! I loved wearing t-shirts and not needed a jacket in Dec-Jan-Feb ... *sigh* oh well ... such it goes I guess? It was barely drizzling here today even though they (forecasters) said yesterday it was gonna be all snowy ... now they claim tomorrow will be... I am NOT holding my breathe ... not at all ... I sure hope it isn't though ... my child has therapy tomorrow morning. I would also like to go to the grocery store. LOL
@BunGirl (2639)
Yeah, last year was really nice. Wish it could be like that all the time. That was my kind of winter!!!
It was totally crazy to be wearing shorts in Dec/Jan .. but I also liked it much better in most ways then this crazy 30s (well not today) crud we have been having to deal with Jan/Feb this year! However I am glad it did freeze good this year. That will help those of us with allergies! (by the way... we did NOT get the snow last week they had fore-casted ... LOL) Thanks for choosing me as best response!
@lucy02 (5017)
It snowed here yesterday but not very much, just flurries. We have had a couple of days with a light snow on the ground. I would like to see a couple of inches of snow. This is the first winter we've gotten any snow in a few years.
here is also very cold outside.