American army.

@nannacroc (4049)
On the news today it was said that an enquiry into the death of a British soldier, killed by 'friendly fire' has had to be adjourned as the Americans will not give the court the recordiongs of the incident. No wonder America is seen as an unfriendly country even to its so-called allies. Do you think they should be made to give these recordings or that the soldiers who fired the shots shout be tried for murder?
@dorypanda (1584)
Maybe the Americans are being told it's the British and the British are being told it's the Americans, because neither side wants to take any blame.
@nannacroc (4049)
That's a real possibility.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I think that the court should receive the recordings of what happened. I don't think it's right for this information to be withheld for any reason. Kind of smacks of a cover-up in my opinion. The family of that British soldier have every right to know what happened to their son. I don't know if the soldier who fired should be tried for murder or not. Only a review of the recordings would shed light on that all. If he made the choice to fire without being commanded to, then depending on the situation, or if he was a renegade, then well, maybe he should. Chances are nobody will ever find out about the truth.
@nannacroc (4049)
You're right, it does seem like a cover up by someone. I'm wondering how many American soldiers have been killed by 'friendly fire' by the British army, I don't remember hearing of any.
You're right - there haven't been any and god forbid that there should be. The British troops have experienced friendly-fire deaths from the Americans in both the 'Gulf' wars now and on several occasions - the American Army appears to be rather trigger happy and gung-ho.
@nannacroc (4049)
Do you think this is because of poor discipline or poor training or is it just that some Americans think they are always right? Maybe they should look at why there have been no incidences of 'friendly fire' from the British.
@pumpkinjam (5801)
They should be made to give the court the recordings. If they don't believe they have done anything they shouldn't have then it wouldn't be a problem, would it? I don't think it would be either fair nor useful to try the soldier for murder considering that's exactly what soldiers do. They are trained to be murderers, it would be like suing a cat for weeing on your lawn, that's what they do.
@nannacroc (4049)
I see your point about the soldiers being trained to kill so not really being responsible for their actions. It does make you wonder if there is a cover up.