why is everybody running for politics?

to serve and give something back to the community?
Some people want to be in politics for them to help needy people effectively. But some only want to be in for power, to easily make money? Maybe.
its not maybe its true. thank you for responsing.
There is three ways to grow and make money very fast and easy method. 01. Politics 02. Film field 03. rowdies hence only peoples are selecting politics to make money and name very easy and fast method but in that some of good peoples are joining politics to serve our nation and peoples. like our national leaders
yes only a few good men but its hard to know who are true when most are dirty politicians.
It's the most convenient way to money and power.
yes i think most of them and only few are true. thanks for responsing.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
When I was young I thought these people that were running of political office were selfless and giving people. As I got older and watched the debates and listened to speaches. Then I watched what they actually accomplished while in office and found that this is a joke. These people don't care about the people they care about money and power. Lets face it they get paid in $100,000.00 range to start. Then they get raises. They get choffered driven cars. They get paid trips here and there. Some trips are out of the country. They get security gaurds. They get a house or apartment in Washington plus they own a house of two in their home state. If I knew that I was getting all these perks I would run for office too. Promise them anything to get elected and do what I want when I get in that is a politicians motto. If there is a politician that is giving back to the community that is only because he is up for reelection and looking for votes again.
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
hahaha idealy it would be because it gives them the chance to give something back to the community. However in reality i think it is because it gives them access to power and is generally a well paid job it is why the quality of those in politics is so low