do you know what you are in for?

when you get married???? Do you or did you know how hard it would be??? I know I didn't...and I surely didn't plan on having as many hard times as I've had. I surely hadn't plan to meet as many crazies as I've had. I enjoy my nursing career, and we've supported each other, and fought through these 16 years. and did you know?
@greengal (4288)
Oh no, I didn't know either. They say life is full of surprises, and I've had my share of them.. good as well as bad,after I got married. Some were easy to accept and some weren't. We've been together for over a year now and life is good. We've come to accept each other the way we are, which I think is the best in a relationship.
You are wise beyone your years green gal!! Good luck in many more years of marriage! I hope it continues, more wedded bliss!!
@greengal (4288)
Thank you!! I suddenly grew up sometime in the past year..hehe!
@brokentia (10396)
I did know it wouldn't be easy. And I did know that there would be times that we would fight or argue. I knew there would be good and bad times. I thought our friendship and love would last. What I didn't know was there would be times that we would absolutely hate each other! I didn't know that we would know every gory detail about each other. I didn't know that there would be times that I could not talk to him or he would refuse to talk to me. I didn't know that he would refuse to talk about issues and just act as if nothing was wrong. I didn't know that trying to keep him interested in me after kids would be work. There were a lot of things that I didn't know. And wow! I am sure there is probably more that I have yet to learn and we have been together for 16 years also!
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I knew what I was in for. My husband and I had been together for five years when we got married, and we had already been through some rough times then. We both have a lot of problems within our families, health problems, and such, so we both knew what it was like to struggle. Together we've managed to make our lives better than they have ever been before. Well, one thing I wasn't quite ready for was my son. My husband and I were just saying "maybe we'll have a baby in a couple years" when I found out I was pregnant. But it's been lovely.