things that make you go hmmmmm!Comment pls- I do rate all

Tonight as I was talking to my step-daughter who is expecting her second child, we talked about her almost 4 year old. Alicia got pregnant young and married the father, they are still together. When they married, her brth mother threw them out and said now that you two got married I wont get child support anymore! She literally disowned her child until the baby was born. Her bio-mom was invited to the baby shower and chose to go play bingo instead? How can a mother disown her child for getting married and her losing her monthly check- her mother also got cut off public assistance,and blamed my poor step daughter. Luckily ALicia and I have always been close and I was there for her during her first pregnancy when her own mother wasnt. Makes you wonder why some women want children at all? I am blessed by alicia tho and I love her as if she was mine!
@k3tk3t (3131)
there are many peopleout there who doesnt even care...
thats very true, its up to us to make a difference in the life of a child!
@slickcut (8141)
Well i don,t think to much of Alicia,s bio mother,however you may talk to us about her Mom and I agree with you ,but please don,t ever put her real Mom down no matter how bad she is...to Alicia,the reason for that is because it will hurt your step daughter,she probably already feels rejection,and thats not good...Im not saying that you do this however I just hoping that you don,t.....It is a horrible thing to know that or feel that your mOM don,t care,its a hurt that will never go away.Regardless of how much you love Alicia,and I see that you do,nothing can ever make up for the rejection that her Mom has showed her...You sound like a wonderful step mom and Alicia is very lucky to have you in her life...
Oh yes,thats one thing I have never done nor will I ever do. One time alicia came over when she was younger and said the things her mom said about us, as in bad mouthing us, and I said alicia in the future when someone says something about your family- you tell them, if you love me,you wouldnt say things about my family or someone I love. She smiled and hugged me.
@mari61960 (4895)
That's terrible that a mother could do that to their child. It's a good thing Alicia has you to talk to. I'll never understand how money could ever be more important than your child. Sounds like her mother has some serious issues to deal with. God bless you for caring so much about her.