free, free, free !!!

Does this word attract you or have a magnetic pull on you or makes you buy it? When go out for shopping groceries or any other essentials, I see many people gathered around products which have these tags. But personally, I feel, its all a marketing stratergy, without no financial impliactions to the manufacturer. For example: There was a offer of 4 soaps at the cost of three. On closer examination, I found that if one buys separately he would have bought each soap of 100gms, but in this offer he had reduced the weight to 75 grams. I educated some around me, but yet they preferred buying the same FREE FREE FREE offer. What do you have to say?
@paganlord (142)
well it does attract u at start n after u buy the product with which u get a free product, u will know dat u hav paid money only for some crap
But even after all this people are game on trying out new offers, isnt it?
no because "free free free" equals "scam scam scam".
not at all it never attracted me since i always got false impression thru this and fraudulent people's mind in it. so fre fre fre is bad word combination and its never fre its always i am going to cheat u ok