Live in the same town as the ex-wife?

I was wondering how many of us live in the same town or area that our husband's ex-wife lives in? Seems no matter how hard I try to mind my own business, I run into these unpleasant people. Not just the ex-wife, but her friends, her grown smart behind kids, the extremely hormonal teenage step daughter. Seems that I can mind my own business or we can just not ever be involved with anything or anyone, but seem to stay in trouble all the time or someone else is trying to stir up trouble. Have been putting up with this for years. We even seriously considered putting our home up for sale and moving to another town and not giving out our phone or address, it got that bad. I just want to be happy and not have to "avoid" the unpleasantness. If any of you have a story you'd like to share I'd like to hear from you. It can really put a strain on a relationship, when you try so hard to blend families and have interferance.
@minerc (1373)
Wow and I thought I was the only one that felt this way! Well my Husband and I have joined our family togather, I don't live around my ex but I get along with him great always have. We live around his ex, when him and I first started dating I wouldnt go to town without someone with me because it's like she had a tracking device on my vehicle no matter where I was going she found me and would chase me down the road with the kids in her vehicle. She accused me of so much stupid stuff the cops would even laugh, she accused my at the time 7 year old of things as well. He friends new me even though I had no clue who they were they would flip me off and call me names. After we got married we would go to town to drop off the kids and she would attack him, or refuse to let him have the kids because I was there. Oh man I have have a page and theres so much. Well I do know how you feel trust me on that. I have alway's looked at it as a positive though, My husband and I have a very strong relationship, I think it brought us alot closer togather. And we look forward to the day when the kids turn 18 then she will leave us alone for good. Good Luck, Hold your head up and don't let them get to you. Alway's look for the positive out of the negative.
Wow, and I though I had it bad. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I've been through some really bad times with his ex and is teenage daughter. They are forever playing games & tried for years to play him for a fool. But I put my foot down and told her to her face that she wasn't going to run over him anymore, and by golly she hasn't either. I have called her bluff many times. She threatened to take him back to court once b/c he was like a week late on child support, and I wrote her back and said that may be a good idea, b/c while we are there I'd like to bring up a few things as well. I listed them, and she never said another word. We had been told some things by his brother's wife that were never revealed to him while they were married, important things that his ex had kept from him,but even his daughter used us. I treated her like my own, I spent my own money on her and spoiled her and loved her and she treated me like crap. Well after almost 2 years of begging her to come see us and spend time with us, I am through with her. She can come see her dad but that's as far as I am concerned with her. You give and you give, but eventually you get tired and either you love me or you don't. That easy. She only calls when she wants something now. She is 18 and is supposed to graduate this year. I'll be glad when she is on her own, then she'll appreciate all we did for her. Thanks again for replying. I wish you and your family the best. Does she still cause you trouble or her friends?
@minerc (1373)
Yeah at times, Not near like she use to. The kid's are going threw there stuff now. He has 2 girls 11 and 13, she is there best friend and she allows them to dress like people in the bars and she allows them to go to parties with boy's and have boyfriends talk late on the phone etc. We don't allow it here, My husband is very old fashion and so am I and they are rebelling against us for this. They lie to us about things and hide things. We are both at the point to where we cannot control what is going on so we need to step up a notch in our own home. She doesnt realize what she is doing to them and one day she will. He tried to talk to her and she lied to him so there went that. It's touch and go now one day at a time. I am scared as they get older they will make the same decision's as your have. I am trying to prepare myself for that now. I wish the courts could see this stuff before they put these children with these type of parent's maybe one day they will. Thank's for responding back, I hope things get better for you now that she is graduating. Surely as she ventures into the world she will see what it was all about and come back around.
When you mentioned about the ex letting the girls dress trashy and go places, it is the same exact thing we had! That's what made his daughter quit coming here. And her mother backed her up. She was 16 & we talked w/our lawyer about it, and yes we could have forced her to come, but she was 16 & going to court would have been a waste of our money for only a couple of years of forced visits. But we have rules and we stick by them, for my kids and his, and that's that. She would get in trouble for exposing herself on the bus, and cussing and would act like a little vixen & the other girls were calling her worse. So stick to what you believe in, maybe one day it will work and will help them. That's what I'm holding onto.