melting chocolate

Bahamas
the pot you melt chocolate in
You could use a fondue pot-we got my sister one at Target this year. You could do a double boiler-be careful it does not scorch! Put a pot of boiling water on the stove and then put a bowl over the top with the chocolate in it. You could put it in the microwave, too. There are lots of ways of melting chocolate-just be careful not to burn it--choclate scorches pretty easily and tastes nasty if burnt.
@bhchy1 (6052)
I would use a fondue pot or a double boiler..prevent the chocolate from burning.
You have to melt a little at a time...or else it will burn and taste burnt. A fondue pot will be the best because it melts it slow and even.....A microwave or over the stove you have to stir it constantly....The best chocolate to melt is the one that comes in chips....because its not bulky or thick...I used to work at an Ice Cream Parlour/Bakery and we had to melt chocolate using a fondue pot but sometimes we got lazy and melted chocolate in the microwave.
Are you talking about a double broiler? You have one large bowl with boiling water and a smaller pot on top with the chocolate so it can melt without burning.
@bhbirdie6 (1771)
A fondue pot! You can find them at any specialty cooking store. Even some non-specialty cooking stores. I'm a big fan of fondue and think everyone should have the a fondue pot.
@bayboy (989)
Yeah i melt chocolate in the microwave.
Are you talking about a Fondue pot? (I still have my mom's from the 70's!)
@sbeauty (5870)
It's a lot easier and faster to melt chocolate in the microwave. Just set it for short amounts of time (maybe a minute each at first) and then stir it in between.