Has anyone here joined American Idol or any other major singing competition?

@hopefoo (1145)
Malaysia
Would you have the guts to? I was replying a post about karaoke. A girl joined a karaoke competition and made it to the semi-finals. I applaud her for her guts. I mean, I love karaoke and all but those are just for fun you know? Hanging out with friends, a few drinks and we start wailing our lungs out. But karaoke is different from singing competitions. I've been following this year's American Idol and these people, in my opinion..have guts; even those that can't sing. I mean, they know that they're going to be on tv and yet they go anyway (I understand that some just want their 30 seconds of fame but still..) I've never been much of a public person. Neither can I sing well. But even if I could sing like Mariah Carey, I wouldn't join any singing competition. Fear of being humiliated in public keeps me from doing so.
@yanjiaren (9050)
years ago i entered the hindi film song contest.. i was the only non asian to enter.. out of 140 contestents i came second..they were going to give me first prize but they didn'tt cos as a foreigner..guoilao lol they said it might be taken as bias!!!! i won second prize and 500 pounds sterling.. i sung the song tumhi mere mandir, tumhi meri pujia, tumhi devta ho.. which means you are my temple, you are my worship, you are my god.. it is athe song of devotion of a loving wife to her husband..
@hopefoo (1145)
Anybody who is not an Indian but can sing Hindi songs deserve a best response. Okay woman..be honest now..HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU KNOW good lord!! LOL but I love your poem in another discussion. I wanna be just like you when I grow up LOL
i tell my husband we should go to a bar and convince people that they are great at karoake just so we can laugh at them later on american idol. i love that show. last year when my son was a newborn and those horrible people we hear so much from were on he would just scream and hollar until we muted or turned the tv.
@hopefoo (1145)
Hahahaahah good idea! That way the show will be even funnier especially during auditions! I love simon!
I havent ever been tempted to try anything like this...but i do have a friend...well my ex girlfriend went to school with the runner up in Canadian Idol 2 years ago...Rex Goudie...and i met him b4 he was famous....and he was juss a nobody then...and i personaly think he still is a nobody...cause his taste in music is really bad!