Things We Can Learn From Dogs! Dogs are pretty smart!

This is from Chicken Soup for the Pet-Lover's Soul - by anonymous. Things We Can Learn from a Dog 1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride. 2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy. 3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. 4. When it's in your best interest, always practice obedience. 5. Let others know when they've invaded your territory. 6. Take naps and always stretch before rising. 7. Run, romp and play daily. 8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. 9. Be loyal. 10. Never pretend to be something you're not. 11. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. 12. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently. 13. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. 14. Thrive on attention and let people touch you. 15. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. 16. On hot days,drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. 17.When you are happy, dance around and wag your ...er entire body. 18. No matter how often you are criticized, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends. Dogs are pretty smart!!;-) What can you add? What have you learned from your dog?
@Wanderlaugh (1624)
Yeah, well I do the other 18, learned them from my dog, but: 19. Get a few billion two legged dog freaks waiting on you hand and foot. 20. Be absolutely adorable and impossible to blame for anything, even when you adopt a couple of rats as pets. (This dog was one of the fastest I've ever seen,would chase anything on principle, but apparently in their case he figured if we could have pets, he could have pets.) 21. Get out of commuting, then get sprung with paws on steering wheel of station wagon, and big doggy grin on face.
@AskAlly (3627)
"Alway protect those that you love." I'd go anywhere with my dogs!! I do think I should stick my head out of the window while driving more often. I wil wait untill spring. I think they also missed "get in as many kisses whenver and where ever you can." I can't tie my shoes or bend over to do anything without 7 dog faces in mine trying to give me a big sloppy kiss. Oh and another "Never fart while in polite company" Dog farts can have some real "hang time" if you know what I am saying. I LOVE dogs!!!!
@Debs_place (10525)
My boys, last Christmas - I took this picture 2005 to send to my son (their big brother) who was spending his Christmas in the Navy.  He did the same thing on Christmas 2006, but this time we got to talk to each other a lot.
I agree completely, as you can tell, I am a dog person. These 2 guys are what have gotten me through the past 1 1/2 years.
@superchook (1786)
I don't actually have a dog but this is very funny and actually very true. You just don't realise how smart they are sometimes.
@shywolf (4522)
Aw, I love this! I would sometimes love it if i did have a tail to wag when I'm happy, lol! You know the bit about rushing to greet people when they come home? I identify with that bit so much. Not that I physically run to greet people. Just that I truly identify with canines and how they always seem so excited and jubliant to see their favorite people. I never get tired of being around people who I adore. It makes me so happy. I feel exactly like that proverbial dog, waggling it's tail with pure joy, when I can make someone that i care about happy, and when I get to be around the people that I love. ^_^
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
I do not have a dog now, but I like these points
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, since I have not worked with the dogs from experienced before, I will have to take your words for it.