website barred from selling paris secrets

Discuss? Website barred from selling Hilton's private info Updated Sat. Feb. 3 2007 8:22 PM ET Associated Press LOS ANGELES -- A U.S. judge has told a website to stop selling photos, videos, diaries and other items belonging to heiress Paris Hilton that were once kept at a storage facility. Hilton sued ParisExposed.com last month, saying it exploited her personal belongings, including a reputed bubble bath video, for commercial gain. The injunction issued Friday temporarily bars the website from releasing Hilton's Social Security number, health data and other personal information. Hilton's spokesman, Elliott Mintz, said Saturday he was pleased. "I know what this has done personally and emotionally to Paris,'' Mintz said. "As far as I'm concerned, this is the most disturbing intrusion upon the privacy of a public figure that I've ever witnessed. " The subscription-based website was launched last month and claims to have footage of Hilton in a "sexy bubble bath'' video and various shots of the 25-year-old socialite in "racy situations.'' Hilton has said she put her possessions in storage two years ago when she and her sister, Nicky, moved out of a house that had been burglarized. Her lawsuit alleges two defendants paid US$2,775 for the contents at a public auction and sold the items for $10 million to entrepreneur Bardia Persa, who created the website. Persa, who could not be reached for comment, is due in court Feb. 16 to address the injunction. I think in all honesty that she lost this stuff, the storage unit place sold it, so its no longer her property..
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
So they never mentiond why she didn't pay the storage facility fees? I have never put anything in storage, so if someone forgets that they have something in storage does the facility have the right to auction it off without notifying her? Could this be what happened?
@mari61960 (4895)
Yes it can happen. I was in the hospital for 4 months and while I was there I had everything I owned in storage packed by my family. In all the panic with my illness the storage got behind and when my mother went to pay it they had actioned it off. They said they sent a notice and no one responded. So I lost basically a 6 bedroom house of my life. Even my bible was auctioned.
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
No that is not fair. Lossing everything like that means you have to start from scratch. That is not right. Thanks for explaining this to me. +
@cultoffury (1283)
I dont believe in this. Nature made us. So we can't destroy nature. Only nature can destroy us. If all these things are happening, this is going destroy only us. After all these phenomenon, the nature will recycle itself. In the process, we will be killed and the nature will get reborn.
I am sorry, the windows got swapped and I posted the other topic's answer here. Please dont negative mark me. This was not intentional. This is what I was supposed to write. I had read that article from Yahoo news. But I think this issue was created by herself. How would you take this? someone has given the tape of her own bubble bath video some day back and now she is suing them. It's simply bizzare. I can't think of anyone taking such a video to a third person. That said, what the website people did is not that great, be posting it for commercial benifit. Anyway both of them have got their face smeared with tar.
@mari61960 (4895)
I lost all my stuff, once it's gone well it's just gone. You can't get it back, I'm sure they sold it legaly. I wish there was a way I could have got my stuff back. Boy I still anguish over it and it's been 6 years.