Mother in Laws

@shoelover (1573)
Australia
Why is it Mother in Laws always try to cause problems. My mil came over today when she knew it was a bad day for hubby and started talking about things which she knew would set him off. Why couldn't she keep her big mouth shut. She's now gone back home and I am left to try to calm my hubby down again. She's happy as she went home with a grin on her face.
@ausnikki (4089)
• Brisbane, Australia
That sucks and it's bloody rude too! What a cow to do that not only to you but to her own son.If she does this alot I think I would cut ties with her.You don't need her crap and neither does your husband.What kind of mother is she to do that to her own son? Really the mind boggles.It sounds to me like she a bit of a stirrer.
@shoelover (1573)
Now you can get an idea why my hubby has so many emotional issues. She is a conniving woman who is never happy unless she has made somebody unhappy. So yes we are going to cut all ties with her and the rest of his family as they are all the same.
@ausnikki (4089)
• Brisbane, Australia
I think it is best that you do cut ties with her,then maybe you and hubby can have some peace.She sounds like an awful woman! :S
@superbren (861)
Tell her next time she comes to stop winding him up. she obviously knows what she is doing and that she is leaving you to clean up the mess she leaves behind. it is unacceptable behaviour espec as you have enough on your plate. other than that change the subject loudly everytime she starts to stir trouble. talk her down and soon she is bound to get the message.
@shoelover (1573)
I would dearly love to be able to do as you said. Once we move we will never have to deal with the silly git again as she will not know where we are moving to. Thankyou for your kind words.
@gabs8513 (48803)
What did she do that for? I would have thought that she would not want her Son upset and that. I can't believe a Mother would do that to her own Child. I am sorry she did that to you and left you to it. I hope you coped ok after she left.
@shoelover (1573)
It is because of the way this woman dragged up ( I won't say brought up) her children that my husband suffers with depression. She is certainly not a very maternal sort of woman at all. Thankyou for your kind words Gabs they are appreciated. I always cope because I have to but some days are just harder than others.
@cooky28 (742)
they can be a pain in the butt thats for sure.
@shoelover (1573)
Yep, this one certainly does not receive my vote for mother of the year.
I really dont understand what goes in the minds of these mother in laws... I think that before marriage her son listens only to her and then after that he listens to his wife.. So there might be the ego problem that comes into picture after the marriage..
@shoelover (1573)
At least after 24 years she has finally realised she can not break us up but still tries to cause trouble.
@MsTickle (25007)
Next time she does this (how malicious...don't know why mothers do this...I had one who would do/say things to the detriment of our family)grab your bag straight away, gather any children and just GO. Formulate a plan to use in case of emergencies and leave her to look after her son. As you're leaving ask how long she'll be visiting?...so you'll know when to return. Much better for you to avoid the stress and strain her visits must cause. I reckon pretty soon she'll stop coming. Head her off at the pass so to speak. Give her a big cheesy grin and wave as you're leaving.
@shoelover (1573)
Hahahaha I'd love to do this though I know for a fact my husband would not handle her well at all.
@MsTickle (25007)
But you won't be there. I know wherever you are you will be worrying but you will be away from the storm. It's a choice for you. :)