help for paypal registration

Hi im unable to register for paypal as in that site,they are askng to enter the card number,im entering the 16 digit number present on my debit card but it says "invalid/partial number" enterd,when i check the length of that card number in that paypal card number field,i found it to be 19 digits length,while the number i see on my debit card is only 16 digits,how u people all have registerd for paypal,how did u fill that field,some one please help me filling this...
@AJMSmith (113)
Use 16 digist and NO spaces ...
ya i did enter 16 digits without any spaces..still it says the saem "invalid/partial card number enters".for ur info my debit card is of type VISA and is currently active in use..i dont know yit says that emssage also my country is under thepaypal countries accepted list.One thing what i found at [aypal sit in that card number field was ,the field itself can accept 19 digits,but my card numberis only 16 digits,i feel because of teh remaining 3 digits missing,it might be showing that error...but im not sure if im right...i dont know how u all people have successfully enetred ur credit/debit card number,,pls someone help me gwt rid of thwi problemm and thanks in advance to everyone.
hey while u register for paypal.its not necessary to fill the card details .so u can just press continue.so after entering into ur account they u should press add credit card button which u can c on rightside.and ur give ur details there and then ur amount will b transfered to ur card