Education in Public Schools

@themyl (1423)
Now a days, our children are not receiving adequate scholastic skills mainly because of the teaching abilities of the teaching staff. Granted some of our teachers Are trying their best and are able to teach our children something that will benefit them later on in life, but some of the teachers, in my opinion, seem to be there only to collect a paycheck. Does this happen in you district?
Yes it happens in our district too. I've taken my children out of public school. I homeschool them now. Public schools seem to be geared towards just having a warm body in a seat than in educating our kids. There is more fighting and abuse than actualy learning going on. I doubt I'll ever put my kids back in the public school system again.
@themyl (1423)
I agree with you on your point of view. We also homeschooled our youngest son for the first two years of his school years. Our son is very bright and was being taught Sixth and Seventh grade material (math, science, biology, etc) by our Oldest sons and daughter. Our youngest son was only 6 years old at the time. I think we made a mistake in enrolling him in public school..... Thanks