Poverty in your country

What can you say about the poverty in your country. Here in our country i can say that major of the population here are in the poverty level. I can't understand why the government can't do to atleast decrease the ratio of the poverty here. Wha about in your coutry? It is also like in our country?
@Deane_2005 (1644)
Here in Philippines majority of the people are in poverty level. Government officials mostly of them are engaged in corruption and they only thinks of themselves and not the welfare of the people. I hope they will start making projects that could eliminate or erradicate poverty here in our country. Improved the way of life of the people and produce many jobs as possible.
@Petrakkos (311)
• Cyprus
we do not have poverty in my country fortunately
The poverty in our country is undeniable. you can see it anywhere even in major cities, and metropolitan district. It's funny how things work here though, everybody says they are experiencing poverty every year, they can afford to buy the latest model of camera phones, iPODs, gadgets that i think should be way back at your priority list.families squatters area owns a two door refridgerator, 21 inches colored tv, a component, a dvd player, no telephone lines but each family members has its own mobile phones...
@Geminigirl (1909)
I think there is not as much here but still a good deal of it. I think there should be more government programs for the homeless, esp such as health care and shelter.
@kyle930 (763)
BRING IT ON!!!