Why is it important to exercise?

@sechsey (1836)
I know we need to keep fit but do we really need to exercise daily or at some regular basis? Why? Isnt there a natural way maybe to be fit yet not exercise? Why is exercise important?
Exercises are of utmost importance for people to undertake. This is so because most of us do not flex our muscles the way they should be (this true especially for those with white collar jobs). What happens then is we neither burn the food we take the way we should and sweat to shoo away those toxins. So, we accumulate fat and toxins in our body. This is bad. For those who get the blue collar jobs and the athletes, this problem is absent in them. This is so because they always exert so much effort as they perform their tasks. They naturally burn all those calories and then sweat out a lot.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Exercise is important to free the mind and to help with the stress and frustration of life, to ensure the body is healthy and fit. I train 5 times a week, but even occasional exercise will yield great benefits. Exercise can become addictive and since I have been exercising I have less colds, less susceptible to flu, in fact I've been much more healthier, I sleep better and my body is presentable and is not flabby. If there was a natural way then I think most gyms would be empty! I would feel lost and I think I would have given up with life totally if I didn't exercise, it has done me the world of good and it's also a hobby, an outlet, it has also fought off depression for me.
@sunita64 (6473)
Earlier our mothers used to do lots of house hold chores and they were mor fit in comparison to us. So I feel that is the natural way to keep fit.If instead of taking a vehicle to go to short distances, we do it by walking and getting our work done then that part will take care of need for walking, similarly instead of taking lifts if we go by stairs then also we will get our quota of exercise. So in day to day life we can include some such measures.
Exercise is natural. Cars, trains, busses, etc. are not natural. People used to have to walk wherever they wanted to go or ride a horse. That is exercise. Video games, television and movies are not natural. Kids used to run around, climb trees, etc. to play. That is exercise. Exercise does not have to be going to the gym or lifting weights. Sports, walking, running, swimming...those are all exercise. It is important to exercise to keep our bodies in shape and to keep our organs (especially the heart) healthy and functioning normally.
I think , in today's world it is very important to keep your self physically fit, and exercise halp us keeping fit. I also go for exercise ,and keep my self fit and healthly.
@lucy02 (5017)
I think exercise is important to keep in shape. Not just to keep your weight down but also to keep your lungs, heart, etc. functioning well. Diet helps too of course. I think it should be a combination of good diet and exercise.
@heatspine (1141)
Diet and exercise is the key to a healthy life
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I think people that exercise have more energy to do things more than people that don't. So, I think that is the number one reason why.