Is it ok to marry someone with a different religion?

China
@Deane_2005 (1644)
Yes it is ok, My aunts were married to someone who has a different religion as she is. She was a Roman catholic that time and all their husband are christians as well as born again. Religion is never an issue in our family and it will never be an issue to two people in love. Whatever faith it is we only prayed to the same GOd.
Thanks for ur response best of luck friend
@apky12 (775)
My husband and I are different religions and it isn't an issue at all. I think you definitely need to have a talk between you two before you get married though and not just assume things. You really need to know how you will raise your kids if you are going to have kids, if you are going to practice one or both religions, how you will handle religious holidays, how comfortable you are with your partners religion, if people in the family have a problem with you marrying outside your religion and if it is a problem will this affect you and your relationship, and how involved you will be with your religion and your partners religion.
@Stringbean (1273)
I would never advise it. If one party says they will convert to the other one's religion, that is even worse. No one should ever convert unless the religion they are converting to represents what they believe deeply in their heart and soul. Don't ever consider converting just so you can marry a person of a different faith. You will eventually come to resent the other person when you realize that you have turned your back on your God to follow another.