You are invited to a friends house for dinner do you bring something with you?

Perhaps a bottle of wine, desert, flowers etc. You sit down and start eating and the food is horrible perhaps what do you do..choke it down and say nothing, remember you left the iron on and must leave, give to the dog under the table, spit it into you napkin, says it's delicious could you have a doggy bag as you're not very hungry?? What do you do? If you come right out and ask the host/hostess if they're trying to poison get up to leave and ask for your gift back???
@weemam (13389)
This really happened to me . we went to an aunt all the family went and the dinner was horrible , I felt so sorry for her that I took seconds , I had to stop on the way home 3 times to be sick , she was a relly lovely person but she just could not cook lol xx
I have had to eat something that made me gag but I've not thrown up. Poor you!
@classy56 (2884)
i would just eat a few bites an say im not really hungry.but i would complment the cook by saying the food was good an say im sorry for not being hungry an {then drink a big glass of water to wash down the food i just ate}.the host will be proud an happy of her cooking because you were bragging on it.
You are too nice.
Nope, i ever invited to my friends house but i never bring anything with me because when my friend i invite to have some drink or dinner they don't bring anything too..Maybe if we bring anything they could thinking that we don't like to eat their food or we don't want to have some good debt to them..
I would tell them that I don't eat whatever it is that they are serving. I have had a gastic bypass surgery and I will usually just tell people that I can't eat it becase of that. I have gotten busted on it once though, one of my friends caught me eating something I previously told them I couldn't. I just told them I could only eat it cooked a certain way. LOL I lied!
I always bring something when invited to eat at anyone's house. If they go to the trouble of making extra for me, then I am making a desert, or buying them a gift. If the food is horrible, I will choke it down, and say I am too full for seconds. I would never take back what I brough them under any conditions. Which reminds me, that a few weeks ago, at a gathering, someone actually ate the food, enjoyed it, and then he took back his cake he brought. I thought it was very rude.
@irisheyes (4375)
Fortunately, everyone who has ever invited me for dinner has been a pretty good cook so there haven't been any problems. But even if it was God awful, I'd probably eat it and fake it since they still went to some trouble and I can't see hurting their feelings.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Well, I would take something nice with me. If the Dinner was not nice, I would not say a Word, I would eat it and even say, that was nice. I know this sounds awful, but I don't like hurting People.
@sunshinecup (7882)
I would and yes have, faked a sudden stomachache and tell them I am so sorry I just can't eat anything. Of course, this opens the door for my "concerned" husband who feels he should take me home so I might feel better. I have ulcers and every one knows about them, so it makes for a wonderful excuse. I don't want to hurt someone's feelings that put a lot of work into the meal, but I can't eat something that is nasty tasting either. For the record, this has only happened once in my life so far.
@kelly60 (4550)
Whether or not I bring something along depends on which friend. I have a friend who seems offended if anyone tries to bring something. Others, really appreciate it. I have digestive problems because of my Crohn's disease/colitis so there are many foods that I can't eat. If the food is just so horrible that I can't eat it, I can always use the excuse that it is not agreeing with my stomach. Most people who know me understand and will not push the issue.