Astronaut in serious trouble

@nicolec (2673)
By now many of us have heard about the astronaut who assaulted her coworker over a lovers quarrel. This woman has some serious issues, there is no doubt about that. True, hell hath no furry like a woman scorned. But does her being an astronaut make her crimes more serious or just more media attention? They go through back ground checks. But just like the rest of us are subject to human emotion. Yet in higher stress jobs perhaps. Should these people be required to have weekly pshych evaluations? Or is the media putting to much into this?
My first thought when I read about her today was "psycho!!" I do think this would have made the news even if it was an everyday person, just because the story itself is so bizarre!! It also goes to show you that just because someone has several degrees, does not mean they have common sense. I think astronauts should get regular psych evaluations, maybe not every week, but once a month. The saddest part is that she has a teenage son, who the news said is 14 or 15 and twin daughters that are 5. I feel bad for the kids. Their Mom went from a hero to a zero. Sad situation for sure. I think she should be tried as any other adult that committed the same crime or attempted crime.
@nicolec (2673)
I just read that she recently seperated from her husband of 19 years. That must be equally tough on the kids. Any divorce is and then to have mom go, as you put it, 'psycho' must be even harder.
Man, this is so weird. If she weren't an astronaut it would not be makign the news. But, you would think that astronauts would be a little more mentally balanced. NASA should want well-adjusted people since they will be spending long periods of time in a confined space with other people. Can you imagine if this had happened in space? You notice we haven't heard from the guy yet. Is he completely innocent in this? Or did he enjoy manipulating the women into fighting over him? Not saying either way until we hear his side. But I want to know.
@nicolec (2673)
I thought they had to go through mental health evaluations to be in space. But then again, when emotions are involved it's easy to manipulate people. I too would like to see the guys side. Isn't he married? Did I read that somewhere? Did you read the part about the diapers?
The diapers thing was less gross when you realized that astronauts wear them during takeoff and landing (apparently the G-forces cause things to come out involuntarily). So, she is used to wearing them.
@nicolec (2673)
I didn't know that about the diaper thing. But I guess it makes sense.