Would you kick your child out after Graduation?

@minerc (1373)
My ex is going to kick my son out after Graduation, I don't think I could ever do this to my child unless the child was just really bad. What would you do? Would you kick your child out after Graduation?
@mikekire (146)
• Nigeria
Kick out? May be strange in my own part of the world. We allow our children to move out at will unless the child becomes bad. I cannot do it. Allow the child to make up his mind and be a bit comfortable. This might have a negative influence that might linger for sometime.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I would never kick my child out of our home. I am not saying that just because she is 18 that she would not have to abide by my rules or the rules of the house. I think that today kids need to spend more time home because going to college is not cheap.
@superchook (1786)
My husband always jokes and says when the kids turn 18 he is going to give them bond money and two weeks rent and pack their bags for them. He wouldn't really do it and I definetely couldn't do it.
@erique (466)
i think i never could do that too, but i'll gonna force my child to find a job for him / her. Because they have been graduate, so they have to ready feel how is live in a community of business people. I'll gonna kick my child out of my house if he / she has done something really bad that i can't to forgive her / him.
@Gwapako_28 (2142)
Being a parents, we need to give all our support,love and care to our children.No matter how bad they are,we should love them!Because thats what parents it should be.Unless,they reall wanted to go out to be independent.But to kick out,i dont think it a good idea to do that to our own children!
@misskatonic (3727)
Hell no! With how difficult it is to get a job these days and the price of living skyrocketing? I'd give the kid some time to get a job and save up some money first. It's hard to live on your own if you're young these days. Between rent and utilities and the necessary weekly expenditures, it's almost impossible to start out immediately with no help.
I have learned while here at myLot that the rest of the world views us as very heartless, and believes that we all throw our kids out as soon as they graduate. I know people who have felt that was appropriate, but I would not do it. Kids are not necessarily ready to begin life on their own, just because they have graduated from high school. They still need their families. What is your son going to do then?
@minerc (1373)
I have offered him a plane ticket or to pay for gas for him to drive here and if he doesnt want to come here then my mom said she would let him live there. He has a job where he is but they are in an area that is tourist, he's only been there for 11/2 and he wouldnt be able to make it on his own and go to college. He is thinking the military but is still undecided there. He want's photography, he has taken classes in highschool and that's his goal.
Thanks for the best response. I did let my kids pay me a little rent when they were working, and lived with me, but comparatively, they had a steal. I continued to keep them on my car insurance, provided food if they wanted it, and laundry facilities and even did it for them if they needed it. Paying a small amount for rent is what I did, even in school,if I was working, and I feel like doing so helps a child keep up their self respect while they learn to make it on their own.
@yanjiaren (9050)
no way man..i am a part time mum and that is painful enpugh..i can't wait till i have a home to give to my son..i love family ..i wpuld love to hve a big house one day to have my parents, my hubby's parents our children and any one else that wants in lol..i don't know how people can be so cold..
@magikrose (5423)
I am a mom of 4 and I wouldent kick any of them out after graduation. honestly they dont have the skills to survive in the real world yet. They need to get a job and learn how to manage money and save money before they can even try to manage on there own. As the parents it is our job to teach them these skills/
Oh no way! I'd never kick out my child. In fact, I've been explaining to my older daughter lately why it's not good to think you're ready to take on the world the moment you graduate. There's still so much to learn that has nothing to do with school! I mean, I don't want to stop them from getting on with life but I do want to do all that I can to get them going on the right foot :)