Are people being vindictive to others on myLot?? What's happening people???

@James72 (26832)
Australia
I am noticing some people's ratings who have always been very proactive on this site dropping rapidly. Why? Are people rating other people negatively because of misuse? Short answers? Stupid and irrelevant responses? If you don't agree with a topic or a response don't rate it negatively based on that. People should rate a response or topic negatively because it contradicts the terms and conditions of the use of this site. I have seen one user drop from a 9 rating to a 5 rating in a matter of days and for the life of me I cannot see why?? Vindictiveness is the only reasoning I can come up with and that is just not fair. If you want smiles and happiness all the time, log on to carebears.com. Don't punish others for thinking differently.
@manong05 (5030)
I thought about this too when I read postings of others saying their star ratings dropped down 2-3 steps in a matter of days. In fact, mine dropped to 9 and returned back to 10, it may drop again tomorrow, I don't know. In fact I posted a discussion asking if there are safeguards preventing people who have got nothing better to do with their lives and go around pressing - . The answer was they hope there are too but obviously they understand that there is none. But I believe mylot admin have foreseen this problem when they implemented the star rating system and they know what's going on. Honestly, I came to the point that I will not be bothered anymore, it doesn't affect our earnings anyway.
@James72 (26832)
Sure. It doesn't affect earnings but who the hell is honestly on here to earn big bucks anyways?? I just find it childish and uncalled for. Dropping 10 to 9 and then rising back up to 10 is one thing but losing 4 ratings points so quickly??? It can only be attributed to direct negative campaigning and that is unnecessary. Lets see what happens to my rating now..... Thanks for responding.
@Thomas73 (1467)
Let's face it, the crime of opinion may not be punishable by law in civilised countries anymore, but it still exists very strongly in people's minds. Expressing my views vehemently at myLot has caused me to make a few enemies... and my rating to drop significantly!
@James72 (26832)
Stay true to yourself Thomas73 and you will outlast them all. Thanks for responding.