Have any of you had your gall bladder removed?

@all4ucnc (861)
After my second child, I started having attacks, felt like I was having a heart attack, couldn't move or breath, and each one got worst, and seemed to last longer than the last. Then over the summer, I had an attack during the day, while home alone with my kids, I called my dad as it was coming on, asking him to come over. When he arrived I was sitting on the bathroom floor, unable to talk, breath, move, felt like I wanted to die.He says my face was grey and it scared him. He picked me up and while mom watched the kids he ran me to the doctors. I had gallbladder surgery 2weeks later. I had friends who had it done, and they say they really have to watch what they eat. I honestly haven't had any trouble, I eat like I ever did, and seem to do just fine, aside from the massive heartburn I now get. Do you have the heartburn?, Or have to watch what you eat?
@slickcut (8141)
Hello hope your day is going great! Yes i have had gall bladder surgery,I had the surgery about 15 years ago...I have never had to watch what i eat,People told me the very same thing but i have never been affected that way at all...I can eat anything,so from my experience i would just do what your doing,maybe we are the lucky ones huh?my surgery wasn,t to bad really,sure beats that pain of those attacks we had don,t it.? The only problem that I have is severe heartburn,I do have that.you saying you have it does makes me think that maybe thats why I have it,I just never thought that was the cause..I don,t suffer though,my doctor gives me nexium for mine and i take a pill a day.I use to take something over the counter but its bad now so i take that,,,They do have pilosec over the counter and it works also,and if i run out of meds i take 2 a day,it takes 2 to make it percription strength,but i only take 1 a day if its from my doctor,,So glad you have already had your surgery and so glad you are out of pain,I know how that pain feels and it is horrible..you have a speedy recovery and take care...
@all4ucnc (861)
I've been taking Zantac, It doesn't seem to be working, maybe I'll look into Prilosec. Thanks
@Modestah (11195)
none of that worked for my heart burn either, but it was actually a symptom of the pancreatitis which was caused by gallstones blocking the common duct.
After two years of waiting I had mine removed last year. I can totally understand where you are coming from with the attacks, my first ever one hit at 4am and I really thought I was dieing but eventually my doctor managed to get them under some sort of control and I was able to stop them if I caught it in time. I wasn't told to change my diet any and I have been fine since the surgery, as for heartburn I don't really have any problems with it as I am taking Omeprazole still and think I will be for a long time to come.
@all4ucnc (861)
I was on something called gallstonex and it did seem to help control the attacks until I had the surgury, and I'm now one zantac for the heartburn , though it doesn't seem to help much . . . It still better than those attacks.
@kadugudi (200)
Hi I coudnt get your name ? But What i feel is about Heart burn is it is mostly due to Gastric; If yes let me know i'd suggest soem Grandma's Therapy "Ayurveda" what we normally deo. :)
@all4ucnc (861)
It could be gastric, It bothers me at night, every night, I'm on zantac, and Tums. But I just can't get rid of it.
@missybal (4492)
I had some problems at first but after several months I was fine. My doctor said that it was just my body adjusting to not having a gall bladder.
I had my gall bladder removed last week, so I am still in the adjustment stage. So far I have had no problems with food. I have even had some fried food with no major side effects. Watching all posts about this condition, to see what I am letting myself in for.