Tags who does it help?

I have read that tagging helps you earn more money. My question is when responding to a discussion and I submit tags sometimes they get added to the tags under the discussion other times they just disappear. So the only person I see benefiting from the tags are the person who posted the discussion not the ones responding. Am I correct?
@danoneism (680)
yup.. ur correct... by adding tag to those discussion u'll make the dissucsion easier to spot which may bring to more respond... so a agree with u..
Thank you (+)
@greengal (4286)
Tags are added to help bring up discussions related to those words when a search is performed on myLot. It is very important to add relevant and appropriate tags. For example, if you had performed a search before starting this topic you would have come across a similar topic U started a few weeks ago. Most often many users do not add relevant tags and while performing a search these discussions don't show up. As a result similar topics are started and hence repetition. No doubt only a few tags appear on the screen but adding a relevant tag helps not only you when you use the search but also others. By adding right tags the discussions you are looking for can be spotted easily. So add tags to help yourself and others.
@greengal (4286)
Please read as "For example, if you had performed a search before starting this topic you would have come across a similar topic I started a few weeks ago."
Thanks for your comment but I was asking for responses regarding earnings not searches and as a user responding to a discussion not opening a new one.
@greengal (4286)
Oops sorry, I forgot to add one more sentence, adding tags does not help in earning money. It only helps when one looks for a discussion.
@gabs8513 (48715)
I am not to sure about that, I didn't know you could earn money by tagging. I just use gabs all the time. I always thought the Tagging was for our Benefit.
@sunshinecup (7881)
That is how I see it, I sometimes don't have the time to stop and add a tag to the posts I am replying to. It seems to take up more time to do it. However when I make my own discussion, then of course I do. If we are paid for adding the tags to responses, well I think I have been lossing out on them.
The tags help myLot sort the messages and categorize them. I know of one member who spent a day responding and tagging, and one responding and not tagging, and he says he made slightly more by tagging. He also said that it did not matter if it was one or a dozen tags. One is enough. I beleive that your tags determine what comes up int the category of similar discussions.
glad you asked that question I was wondering also !I often dont know what to put in where it says tag