Vitamins

Singapore
Do you take any? Do they really have its benefits? I used to take echinacea to boost my immune system and now i'm trying a new vitamin that has antioxidants in it..
@britishyip (1614)
i take vitamin e and b complex..
I heard that B complex helps to lose weight.. is it true?
@ShannaS (559)
I think they help but you need to research and speak w/ an herbalist, in my opinion. I remember tv news stories saying a few yrs back that some of the most popular brands do not disolve into the system. One guy was a porta potty (dude?) and said he found more vitamins than almost anything while cleaning them out. They were so UNdesolved you could read the brand off of them. How horrible is that? Most herb shops are expensive but like all things natural and good for us, we have to pay the price. I do like Oil Of Olay vitamins and Nature Made best, though I never really researched Oil Of Olay, just had a really wicked Qpon :-) I take Vitamin E, and a TON of calcium becuase I am on the depo provera shot and recent studies show major bone density issues. I also take a vitamin B complex during stressful times (such as court dates lol) and I take St. Johns Wort periodically. be warned St. Johns Wort can raise blood pressure and make you sensitive to sunlight, you may burn a little faster than norm. But I swear by vitamins. Why I firmly believe had it not been for all of the calcium in my Tums when I was pregnant I would have broken my ankle from a fall I had. Another warning is calcium keep the body from absorbing iron (learned this during pregnancy, I went anemic) Try to find a way to incorporate them both if you need them. best of luck to you,
Thanks for sharing so many tips! =)
Vitamins and minerals are substances that are found in foods we eat. Your body needs them to work properly, so you grow and develop just like you should. When it comes to vitamins, each one has a special role to play. For example: Vitamin D in milk helps your bones. Vitamin A in carrots helps you see at night. Vitamin C in oranges helps your body heal if you get a cut. B vitamins in leafy green vegetables help your body make protein and energy.
Thanks for all the advice.. it's good to know what i'm taking and how it'll help =)
No, I don't take any vitamins they make me sick.
Hmmm.. how come vitamins make you sick?
@jrk0624 (406)
i take a multi vitamin and yea i think they have benefits.
@Karinne (1224)
Yes i use the Cenovis Womans daily mulit vitamins. I think taking the multi a day helps me :)
The only I took them was when I was pregnant. I brought some from a vitamin liquidation store they were alot better than prescription those made me so sick.