They didnt ask

@rosebug23 (1909)
Australia
our kids didnt ask to be born so i believe that it is up to us to do as much as we can for as long as we can for them . Do you agree
@krysi17 (234)
Wierd that I never thought of it like that but yes I agree totally.Wish my parents would help me out more with what I really need that would be nice.Not that they dont help out but I just think they could do better.They say call your grandparents theyll help you lol.
@rosebug23 (1909)
Your parents do the best they can and every parent has different ways of doing things . I dont thik any parent goes out of their way to not do there best for their kids but their best your neighbours best my best and every bodies best is different they can only do as they know and have learnt from their parentss. You grangparents are probibly in a better position to help you but that shows that they allow you to ask for your grandparents help so as you can have what you need . they dont say no they advise you where you can get what you need and are not too proud to ask as it is for your benefit.and that is the best they can do
@krysi17 (234)
Not to tell my life story or anything but to give more info on whats going on, here it is.I just turned my life around for the past two years my life has been crazy .Ive recently had an interview for a state job and Im waiting for the call back which takes a couple months for the whole application process.So my parents say they cant help me with the one thing Ive ever asked them in my life but to ask my grandparents.I could never do that because my grandparents arent in the best position themselves.my mom is a childcare teacher and makes alright money and my dad is a nurse.He makes the money I was asking for to keep my bank account open in like 3 hours.I already feel crappy for asking.I dont know I guess Im just learning now what I wouldnt do with my own children when that day comes.
@Ljorge (1497)
i am so sorry to hear you are in such a rut. I hope you get that state job you are waiting. i just have 2 peices of advice, keep your head up and positive. and 2 Pray. one thing my mom has always said is that the lord doesn't give you more than you can handle, as long as you have faith. have faith krysi17, whether you know it or not there are alot of people behind you and wishing you the best.
@moneymind (10521)
i do very much agree with you, and may i add that for some kids are thier source of insperation. greetings. : )
@rosebug23 (1909)
It is such a shame that people dont appriciate their kids
@moneymind (10521)
yeah.... i notice that there are some missing words on my first post but you still manage to get what i mean.... thank you. greetings. : )
@rosebug23 (1909)
No probs we do need edit on here hope that is one of the improvements
@kids91911 (4366)
yes i agree
@rosebug23 (1909)
kids are `the greatest they deserve a great life
@kids91911 (4366)
yes they are and do
@toonatoons (3739)
i totally agree. children are god's gifts to us.
@rosebug23 (1909)
OH soooooo very very true
@happygal68 (3277)
I agree with you up to a certain point. Our kids have to learn to stand on their own two feet, but we need to be there when they really need us.
@rosebug23 (1909)
Sure we have to teach them independance and life skills so they can make their way in the world .What i mean is when they are young it is up to us to do as much as we can to make their little lives as happy, carefree, safe as we can and to let them know how much they are loved and wantedand make them feel secure in every way we can
@nancygibson (3737)
• France
I agree that parents need to take full reponsibility for their children
@rosebug23 (1909)
Thanks for your reply , our children are so special and we have them for such a short time
Amen, that is correct, like right now people ask me why i don't go out or why i don't hang out. My response is I a a single mother, my son's father is unable to care for him right now, so therefore it's left up to me to care for him, and being the type of person that I am I feel that my child is my responsibility and I don't like putting the pressure on anyone else to watch him just so that i can go out and drink and dance in a club, if i wanted to do that i can go to my house buy a bottle turn on the radio and have a ball right there
@rosebug23 (1909)
You sound like a great mum but honestly we all do need a break sometimes . Dont try and do it all alone you will burn yourself out and then where will your son be. It dos=se'nt have to be every week and even if it is only for a couple of hours . Good luck and i know you will have a great relationship with you son as i have with mine. I wish you all the very best
thanks a bunch but i do get my break 11 hours out of the day while im at work and i enjoy spending my two days off with him.
@rosebug23 (1909)
yes you get a break from your son but you yourself dont get a break . you work look after you son and clean the house wash clothes and cook and have sole responsibility of you son that is a lot you need a break Is that you and your son he is georgous nand you look so happy and proud good for you .
@Ljorge (1497)
Absolutley!! whats the point of being parents if you are not gonna be responsible to care for what you waited 9 months to have.
@rosebug23 (1909)
Your so right
@Ljorge (1497)
thank you. this particular topic doesn;t really hit home, but i am extremley passionate about the fact that alot of parents don;t care about their own kids enuff to be responsible. I mean i live in the ghetto, and everyday i see kids up and down my street at 10 or 11 at night just hanging out and stuff, and i am thinking where the hell are these kids parents !! i a mean damn come on!
@wahmbuddy (392)
I have a plaque on my wall that say "We give our children just two things, one is roots, the other is wings" I think when kids are young it is up to us as parents to do all we can for them. But as they get older it is up to us as parents to teach them independance and let them fly --
@rosebug23 (1909)
That is a great saying i will remember that one for sure. yes i agree with you spot on good luck cheers
@Ljorge (1497)
that is a great saying. where did you get that plaque?
It was from a home decorating place called Gramma's attic. They do home parties.
@sbeauty (5870)
That should be the commitment before anyone has a child. No one should ever conceive unless they're willing to put the effort into raising the child that it takes to do so successfully.
@rosebug23 (1909)
true it should be but not all parents think like you unfortunately.Thank you for your reply and thoughts
@shasha13 (134)
I think there should be a cut off point. Certain situations demand a little tough love so to speak. Like if your child breaks the law I believe they should have to face the music in order to truly learn from their mistakes.
@rosebug23 (1909)
I can see what you mean but this can back fire . In Melbourne Aust. a few years ago a boy in his late teens early twenties was constantly getting parking tickets.He never paid them and so was always in court and to save him going to jail his parents would end up paying.In the end they said enough is enough so to teach him a lesson didnt pay and he went to jail for a couple of days.Well while he was in jail there was a fight and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was killed. His parents trying to do the right thing and teach him a lesson now have to spend the rest of their lives with the guilt.
@bhchy1 (6052)
No I don't agree..as children yes you should...but once they are adults..they need to fend for themselves not rely on parents to it for them.
@rosebug23 (1909)
If you read my reply above yours i explain how yes we need to teach them independence I am refering to younger children
@uzaircs (2320)
• Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
what u say
@rosebug23 (1909)
Oh silly silly me i am so very sorry i misread your response and i thought you said you didnt ask then to be born .please forgive . you are right they didnt ask to be born
@dellion (6706)
I think its the fact that let the child belong to us and its just the samething the fact that let us have our child and for me I don't think we should clasify it as who should take responsibilities.
@rosebug23 (1909)
sorry i am not quite sure what you mean?
@ossie16d (11827)
As parents we have a responsibility to clothe, feed and educate our children. The clothe is fairly self explanatory, feed means to not only give them food to eat but also food for their soul and body so they grow as human beings. Educate means not only schooling but also in the ways of the world, teaching them to think for themselves, to become independant, to love, honour, respect, trustm to be sincere and genuine in all their dealings. Children are our future, and that should never be forgotten. No matter how old they are, they are still our children but if we have done 'our job' properly, they will be okay.