Do u say"88" instead of "bye-bye"?

@yueliu (1623)
China
when I chat with myfriends,I always say "88"instead of bye-bye.Do u do the same?
No I've never heard that expression before. I always say 'see ya' instead of bye-bye. I think its a regional expression from where I used to live as people round here don't say it.
@yueliu (1623)
thanks~~~^_^
it's the first time i've heard of that term. it's a simple bye for me, or take care or something like that.
I think only in China,you can use "88" instead of byebye
@yueliu (1623)
yes,I do think so now~~
@Astarte (813)
88 is a neonazist term to salute. 88= Heil Hitler because the "H" is the 8th letter of alphabet. It's a hidden espression, I'm sure that you and your friend use this term for other reasons but I think that you should discovering the origin of your 88. 88 is a movement, naziskins called their selves "skinhead 88". I tell you this thing because you can investigate about the origin of your form of byebye. Nazis in chat use alwais the "88" to say "hello" or "bye bye" to other nazis. I hope that you friend doesn't use this salute only because they've heard in some chat. Maybe these chats were attended by nazis...
@yueliu (1623)
thanks for ur kind advice~
@dave_lie (1476)
i never know such thing. how can 88 refer to bye-bye? that is irrelevant.
@yueliu (1623)
it has similar pronunciation in my country.^_^
No, I am not use to say 88, as most of my internet friends are from different countries and they are not Chinese mostly. Only Chinese and some people will actually understand what 88 means. So I always use BB instead of bye bye and 88
@yueliu (1623)
thanks~~rating u~~
@sureshmoe (974)
Can u tell what it indicates??? What is the meaning for "88"...
@yueliu (1623)
It mean beybey in my country.
@lols189 (4797)
no but i am really interested in what 88 means and why do u say it?
@yueliu (1623)
when chating online,people in my country always say 88 instead of beybey~~~I have no idea why that happens..
@victorwzj (539)
hmm, I see that expression before in "SMS" but not in messenger. I don't know why people will adopt that 88 as bye bye at the first place. Bye bye is not that long and people should not use replace it with 88 . It will make it hard to read and if you use it for prolong of time your english could deteriorate. People can literary forget how to spell if we replacing everything with short form. U = you , r = are, ttul =talk to you later ..... . I never use those short or replacement in either MSN or SMS. It is better to spell it out and it is clearer that way, not all people know how to read those short replacement.
@yueliu (1623)
thanks for ur advice...