What would you do?

@patgalca (14308)
Orangeville, Ontario
All afternoon I have been receiving notifications from Norton that an intruder has been trying to access my computer. Obviously they have been unsuccessful because I have Norton. Norton performs an automatic scan tonight but I don't know whether that will get rid of the intruder. My problem is that I have been paid by myLot and a PTR site. So I have over $30US sitting in PayPal. I am in desperate need of money and it takes a few days for the transfer from PayPal to go to my bank account. Is it safe to access my PapPal account when I know someone is trying to invade my computer?
@coolcatzz (1588)
I have no idea what to tell you. I know paypal is safe and secure and I have never had a problem with them. I have also had lots of money in that account when I use to do ebay. So I think you'd be ok but then again I can't be certain. Is there a way to contact Norton??? Let us know what you find out.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Whatever is trying to "invade" your computer maybe something on your system you inadvertantly downloaded that is trying to update itself. Odds are no one is trying to get into your computer. Norton tends to have a mind of its own and will even think Outlook as an invader. Since you seem concerned, you should run your virus scanner, adware programs, etc. before accessing paypal.
@patgalca (14308)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I haven't downloaded anything though an email attachment was proven unsafe to open so I didn't open it. I did an Adaware scan and a spybot scan. The Norton scan starts in about half an hour, I think. I'll wait until that is done and then perhaps do a Spysweep. It's crazy the way the message keeps popping up on my screen like someone keeps trying to get in. I have rebooted since I did those two scans and will see if I get another one. Thanks for your help.
@Poison_Girl (4163)
Did you know that Norton can be disabled by "intruders" or viruses or whatnot?
@rx4life (1933)
Do you perhaps have a way of doing a scan right now? I think my Norton lets me schedule a short scan and/or a long scan at any time I'd like..that might ease your mind and allow you to move forward with your tasks...Norton has a great reputation and I like the control I have with their protection..Check it out...Good luck...
I think it is safe, Norton caught whatever it was.