How do you keep the fire burning and the love going?

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and couples celebrate this special occasion. But I know everyday is not Valentine's day, but it is our prerogative to be able to sustain the romance side of the relationship. What do you do or what your partner does to show each other how much you care and how much you meant for each other. Saying I love you is the most common but I know there are gestures out there that just makes you melt and look at your partner with so much love. What touch me most is when my husband reach for my hand and kiss it anytime of the day, anywhere and telling me how much he loves me. This simple gesture works anytime especially when am feeling down and my pregnancy hormones kick in. What I love to do is spontaneously hug my husband from the back and tell him how much I love him and how much he meant to me. What about you...what are the things you do or show your partner how much they mean to you?
@villageanne (8554)
My husband and I try to have a date once a week. We do not usually spend money, we may watch a movie together on the couch or go for a walk. We may go up the custard stand and get an ice cream then sit in the car and enjoy it. After nearly 29 years of marriage, I still put love letters in his lunch bucket and he still calls from work every night to check on me and tell me that he loves me. He holds my hand when we cross a street and he still opens my door when we go somewhere. We try to keep our romance going everyday.
That is so sweet and imagine...29 years. You are right, we need to keep the romance going on because I know there will be times when we take each other for granted. But everytime I look at my husband this tenderness just comes over me...like falling in-love all over again. I always think of our ups and down but knowing that he will always be there by my side gives me the best feeling.
Thanks For "Best Response" You sound like you and your husband are very much in love. Hang onto that and you will be just fine.