help with neighbour's barking dog

@Tetchie (2933)
Australia
My neighbors little dog barks mostly at night usually when my head is on that wonderful pillow. What is an effective way of addressing the issue with my neighbor without creating friction.
Well, you have 2 options. One you could address the neighbors yourself or you can call and report your neighbors for disturbing the peace. It's a tough call. My next door neighbor like letting her dog CRAP on our front lawn. I asked her nicely a few times, not to let the dog crap onmy lawn. She didn't get the message until I let my dalmatian crap on her front lawn. She was a little bit upset. LOL Her argument washer dog was little. I told her it doesn't really matter. Our dog uses the backyard for his business and we have to clean it up. We don't put him out front to do his business because it isn't right to expect someone else to clean up after OUR dog. There are laws!
@Tetchie (2933)
LOL, your neighbors should know to avoid trouble! Your giving me courage. When the time is right I'll speak to them. Perhaps I'll become a dog whisperer!
well, good luck with that....you might encourage them to bark louder. LOL or appreciate your attention and listen to you!
@unishwetabh (1032)
lol....I don't know what to say. Although it has happened with me sometimes, but I never cared about it. Now if I had to do something, then I would have went to my neighbour and gave him a piece of advice to keep his dog in the house. Don't they also get annoyed of it?? Or have they got used to it???? Ask them. I hope they will understand your problem.
@Tetchie (2933)
I think they are becoming used to it. I think I'm the scaredy cat here. I'm just getting up the courage to confront them - nicely of course.
@fujin1985 (684)
I don't have solutions to your problem, but I have a similar problem with my neighbor's dogs. My neighbor has four dogs, all tied up at the sides of the road. Two on one hand, and the other two on the opposite side. So what happens is that pedestrians opt to pass by the middle of the road just so they can't be bitten. It's dangerous because they might be hit by vehicles. They've been reported to the officials but they were insistent in still doing it.
@Tetchie (2933)
That does sound dangerous. I would at least tell the authorities again because if something were to happen to a pedestrian, at least you have done your best. Thanks for your post.
@crazynurse (7489)
Sadly, there is probably no way to do it without creating friction. First, I would be sraightforward and talk to the neighbor. Explain that you have been losing sleep and it is becoming a hardship. Ask him/her if she would please help by trying to get the dog to quit barking at night. If that doesn't help, then you may have to take more drastic measures. I don't know if you have laws where you are, but our town has an ordinance about noise after 10 PM. The neighbor should respect you for coming to them first rather than straight to the authorities.
@Tetchie (2933)
That sounds like a great law you have. I'm getting up the courage. Thanks for the response.
I'd offer to feed the little yapper to my snake, but then there'd be that whole friction thing.