Police Radar

@lisa101 (1363)
Do you think its right for cops to be radaring and issueing tickets early of the morning when people are trying to get to work?
@crystal8577 (1470)
I am probbaly going to be unpopular, but I do think it is right. The speed limit is meant to be followed at all times. Unless you are in an emergency situation & going to the hospital then you need to follow the rules. If you are late getting to work on a normal basis than leave earlier or change your route.
I agree with you Crystal. The speed limit is set for the safety of all. If you want to get to work on time, leave earlier. Hubby is one who tries to go a little faster. One day he will get a fine for this. He has received a ticket for speeding on the way home from work.
@lisa101 (1363)
I am agreeing too and i don't think anyone should have a problem with you for saying that. I think we should follow the speed limit too. I just wander if people get aggravated about it when they get a ticket on their way to work.
I am sure that they do get upset. But they have only themselves to blame. I remember a person I worked with complaining that she got a ticket while on her way to our corporate office for a meeting. I drove the same as she, but had an extra hour to drive and I didn't get a ticket.
@finlander60 (1775)
I have no problem with the police doing their job. What I do object to is the community that changes the speed limits on city streets, and expecting drivers to stay within those limits, even though the changing speed limits really make no sense as it applies to the normal flow of traffic. A while ago my wife and I were running a USA Today paper route. We would get up very early in the morning to drive to the larger city to pick up the papers for our town and the town to our south, which was delivered by another carrier. While driving out of where we picked up both sets of papers, I was pulled over and given a speeding ticket which I had no way of knowing was speeding on the street that we were driving on. The posted speed limit had been changed from 30MPH to 20MPH between two city blocks. I did not see any change posted.
@lisa101 (1363)
Oh i know that is really bad. I hate it that happened to you. Things like that get on my nerves too.
I think it's fine. Least they're doing there jobs which we pay them to do and to keep our children save. The ammount of people that rush to get to work, it's pointless and the police should cut down on those who do this. 7am
@lisa101 (1363)
Thanks Joey i always enjoy hearing from you and yes i agree with you and im glad they are out there protecting our children. I guess now that i have read all the replys so far that it all does make sense to protect our kids. I guess i never looked at it that way. I myself don't speed, i am afraid to drive so i always go slow. I just had wandered if it upset people to get a ticket on their way to work.
Is there something special about trying to get to work that entitles people to break the law?
@lisa101 (1363)
No way! Not in my opinion i just wandered what everyone thought. Maybe i didn't realize what i was discussing at the time. However sometimes a person that obeys the law all the time can make a mistake and what if that one mistake caused you to lose your job for being late?