Creationism Vs. Carbon Dating

@freak369 (5019)
Creationism: Creationism is a philosophical perspective that presupposes the existence of a supernatural creator, in this case, "God" Carbon Dating: (Radiocarbon dating) A radiometric dating method that uses the naturally occurring isotope carbon to determine the age of materials up to about 60,000 years. With the definitions out of the way, on to the questions: 1. If Christians think that God created the Earth some two thousand years ago (give or take a hundred depending on who you are talking to), how are these fossils that date back hundreds of thousands of years? 2. Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible or in any religious material? Obviously they existed, no matter who I ask, no one can give me a cut and dry answer on this outside of "It's all a conspiracy by Darwinists to bring about the fall of the church". Being raised Catholic I always questioned things like this and was always given the standard answer of, "You have to have faith". At this stage in the game, I need a little more to go on that that. What is your view on this subject? Please, no fighting or bickering, I'd like to hear what everyone has to say on this matter.
@mipen2006 (5528)
Very good post freak369, but I feel you could step on a few toes. Like you I was raised catholic, and was always to told have faith. However, I'm not as deep a thinker as you, but the thing that really worried me, was both the Jesuit Fathers, and the Marist Brothers, who taught me used scare tactics on us. Instead of teaching the love of god, they taught the fear of hell, or eternal damnation as they put it. I left school a very confused person. I suggest you e-mail Pope Benedict with your problem, because I certainly can't help.
@freak369 (5019)
I didn't know the Pope did email consults LOL. Most religions embrace their faith and sing praises of it but the Cathoics want to make it dark and full of fear. We are getting off the subject here ... thanks for the comment.