Rule for shoveling snow- how frequently?

The older gentleman across the street shovels his snow practically all day long. If not by hand, he gets his gas powered snow blower, and does it. I shoveled this morning, about an hour and a half before I took my son to a therapy appointment. There were probably 3" on the ground. Well, by the time we were ready to go, there was at least another inch on the ground! Now there's a lot more, and the top layer is ice. ARGH. I don't have strong arms anyway, and this sucks. LOL Am I supposed to shovel my sidewalk if there's 1", 2"'s, 3"? or what?
@brendalee (6083)
My turn is coming. We are forecast to get up to two feet by tommorrow night. It hasn't started snowing yet but it will soon. But I'm lucky I have two males in the house who are able to do it. They both will whine about it but I will ignore them.lol.
I just shoveled for the second time today. My husband shoveled the sidewalk in front of the house, but that was about it. LOL We're supposed to get maybe 6-8" by tonight, I think. Not sure how many we've had so far, but I'm not shoveling again today. My back is killing me!
I think a person should shovel in the morning before leaving the house for work or appointments, errands, etc... Then, I think that you should wait until it stops snowing and then do it again. If it is snowing continuously and does not stop then maybe morning, mid-day, and evening. We really can't shovel all day long! :) We do have lives, a family and special children in our care so hopefully the neighbours are understanding! This is my common sense oppinion... I hope it is helpful. Happy shoveling everyone!!
@rainbow (6763)
We never get show like that so I cannot really say, maybe if he enjoys it so much he couod d oyours, lol. I would aim for a couple or inches if it keeps snowing otherwise you can drive through a couple of inches. Good luck try not to catch a chill!