Yep, We're Definately Snowed In.

Our town is CLOSED! Highways are closed. Emergency vehicles only. I shoveled a while ago, and some drifts are over 2 feet! How's your snowy area? Time to bake an all day dinner! What do you do when you're snowed in?
@sherrir101 (3671)
It snowed again last night. And to think we were wishing for 'some' kind of winter 2 months ago! I think a crockpot or oven meal is due for today. Maybe beef and noodles and mashed potatoes. I'll run the sweeper, do a load of clothes, and maybe work on a craft and/or read. I guess that I just putter, when snowed in.
@babyhar (1339)
Goodness! . . That must have been quite an interesting to hear that your town is closed. And that the highways are closed. I've never had things be closed in a lot of the places I had lived. But I have had warnings not to leave your house during certain weather. During these times I would decide to stay in & follow what was said on the news or by the city.. It has been nice down here actually. But then again one minute we will have nice weather.. Other times it will go back to being extremely cold outside for some reason. So it's kind of a mix. Whenever I've had bad weather where it's best not to go outside.. I actually will curl up on my bed with my puppy.. Or if my other half is home from work due to the weather. I will actually watch old movies with my other half that we used to watch from our childhood.. I love doing this with him as it's not only cold outside.. But because it's so warm within the house I love just curling up & cuddling with someone whom I love.. And just watching movies that enable you to revisit your childhood all over again. Sometimes also.. I will decide to make some home-made soup for me & my other half. Especially on cold winter days when the weather is just absolutely terrible outside.. I will home-made chicken noodle soup.. And sometimes when it's rather cold outside my other half will come from work all freezing.. And then the minute he eats my home-made chicken noodle soup it will make him warm all over again.. I think there is nothing more delicious then being able to have home-made soup on those cold winter days.. I know how much we love doing this around our house! The other thing I tend to do when the weather is terrible during the winter time is.. I will also bake. I will bake some cookies or some type of cake or dessert for later on.. My other half says when it is cold outside that because I am baking, along with cooking that when he walks up to the house.. He can smell my food outside of the house.. He says it's the most comforting feeling for him to experience when he has had a long day at work.. Hearing that seems to always make me smile for some reason.. In conclusion.. I do quite a few other things when the weather is not all to appealing outside.. But for the most part I find the three things I had listed I do the most when I can't leave my house due to the weather.. I find doing these things helps to keep my mind busy.. And takes my mind off of things until the weather warms up or at least gets a little bit better a few hours later. I always seem to find things to do when the weather is terrible outside. I love being able to find things to do on days such as these in the winter time! I know I never get bored because I keep myself rather busy! . . Thanks for allowing me to share! xx
The first snow in my area was on the 24 of January this year. The second one was only like a week ago. It was not a heavy snow in my area nor a common thing. So, when I had snow, I was just looking out side of my window and said, "Wow" we had snow. lol Maybe in some part of the UK, gets snow more then here in Northants. I didn't do no baking though.. hahhaa.. just happy knowing that there were snow, and everything was covered with white.
I look out the window a lot and I am thankful I don't have to go out. I worked on my recipes and getting them in order. Of coursew I have the weather on tv playing constantly.
@lpetges (3037)
i just got back from vegas and we have snow here again! it was nice and warm in vegas, and now i'm freezing-so this is my welcome home.