ABOUT A LEASE

MY LEASE ENDED ON FEB.28,2006 AND I MOVED OUT NOW THEY SAY I OWE THEM SOME money
@imnutz (288)
You need to read through your lease. It should spell out the conditions under which they can keep some or all of your deposit. If after reading this you still believe they took any amount of your money in error you need to put this in writing to the management of the place you leased from. If you do not get an acceptable resolution from this, your next step is probably a lawyer. I am not sure where you are located, but in the US there are some very strict rules on landlord tenant rights that keep you protected. If I remember correctly there is even a clause that says how long the landlord has to notify you of a problem. So where are you located?
@sedel1027 (17855)
Have they sent you any notification to what you owe the money for? Did you give adequate notice (30 days written) prior to moving. If you do not terminate a lease properly you will be held accountable for the rent at that location until it is rented out (this should be in your lease).
@rherdey (966)
when did you move out? And did you clean the place and shampoo rugs, and what are they asking money for? Did they tell you. Also they have I believe it is like 3 weeks to respond or you owe nothing. But you can contact the housing athorities for more information on that. They do have booklets to help you when a landlord tries to do things maybe like this to protect you. With not knowing the state you are in not sure what all the laws are in each state.