Diabetic Mixes

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I know a few people that are diabetics and eve live with one person that is. The one thing that they all have in common is that they still love sweets and I feel bad when I am unable to make a dessert that they are able to have so I have been searching for mix recipes so that at the last minute I am not scrambling trying to make something. While I have not made all of these I have made some and they are GOOD so I thought I would share my find: http://www.budget101.com/diabetic_mixes.htm My favorite happens to be the apple cider sorbet
@XxAngelxX (2835)
Thanks for sharing this link. My boyfriend is a diabetic and although he claims all the diabetic foods are terrible, I've bookmarked the site and still plan on trying a few out. I'm just not going to tell him where the recipes came from, lol
@razcal2267 (15577)
When I make diabetic desserts I do not let the non diabetics know. I figure it is easier to make one thing that everyone can eat most of the time.
@ukchriss (2106)
I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic nearly 3 years ago and just lately I am haveing a heck of a job controling my sugar level. My mood swings have been really bad when i crave something sweet. So thanks for the link its going to be very useful for me. It looks like a really good site.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I use this site regularly not only for diabetic recipes. You are welcome and I really do hope that this will help you with keep the cravings under control.
@anonymili (3140)
That looks like a really good site, thanks for sharing it with us. I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic nearly a year ago and initially really freaked out thinking it was the end of the world. My doctor tried to get me onto medication straight away but I said I wanted to try diet control. I have been doing this fairly successfully although I avoid sweet things most of the time and my sugar levels are in control. I do feel miserable sometimes though due to missing sweet stuff, but this site looks great. Thanks again. x
@razcal2267 (15577)
You are more then welcome. My grandmother was a diabetic that had to give herself insulin shots because she was a caterer that just had to taste everything she made and it would make her sugar level skyrocket.
@claudia413 (4284)
I've been a type 2 diabetic for about 10 years now and really appreciate the fact that you shared this site with everyone on here. You can bet I will use it often and will pass it on to others whom I know have diabetes or are trying to avoid having it. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks for giving me the best response.
Thanks for giving me the best response.
@Kowgirl (3492)
Thanks for the link I will be trying some of the low carb recipes found on this site. Just because they are diabetic does not mean they have to do without dessert. It is all a matter of using different ingredents to make the desserts with. As all diabetics know white flour is one of the things we have to avoid so what do we use instead...soy flour or almond flour. Here is another website you can visit for new dessert ideas. http://www.dlife.com
@razcal2267 (15577)
Thank you for sharing the link to even more recipes. I am sure that there are many others that will find it useful.
@gotbot (46)
Nice find! Thanks for sharing. My dad is a diabetic and I'm sure I will be too someday. Runs in the family. I'm trying to learn more about the disease and live a healthy lifestyle now before it becomes too much of a problem.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I hope you can find the time to make some of theses recipes for him or at least pass them along to him.
Thanx dear for the good thing you are doing.Actually my dad is diabetic and he loves the sweets too much.So I think these wondurful recipies will do.Moreover he is vegiterian too.Thanx once again...
@pendragon (3354)
I am diabetic and I think it's very sweet of you to do this.thanks for sharing as well.
@brokentia (10396)
That's so cool! Thank you so much! I will definitely be checking out more of that site! To see some of the listed items that I would be able to eat...SWEET!!!! Thanks for sharing! :)
@babystar1 (4236)
Thanks a lot for the link.My husband is type 2 diabetic.And he just loves sweets.Now I can make him some recipes that he can eat. Thanks again.
@dixie1 (1330)
Thank You for sharing this as I have a good friend who is diabetic and will forword this link.
@lilaclady (28270)
Thank you for this, I have a couple of friends who are diabetic they will love this, thanks a lot...
@villageanne (8579)
Wow, This is great. I will pass this on to my clients. They are always needing recipes for diabetics. Thanks so much