eggs and zuccini and onions

This is so good. Just fry sliced zuccini in butter until soft and browned. It is optional, if you would also like to add onions or mushrooms to it. Then when you make your omlet, mix this into it. Yummmmmy. It is really good. Salt and pepper to taste.
We do this, when we have zucchini. We are also big fans of other veggies in our scrambles or omelets. It is a great way to get a serving of veggies at breakfast, or a wonderful light dinner meal. Keep up the yummies. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut.
@CatEyes (2449)
I usualy just fry the zuccini with a little butter and seasoning (oh soooo good), but I will give this a try. I am sure I will like it. Thanks for the recipe!
@brokentia (10396)
I have actually done this! :) I am borderline diabetic and have found that shredded and fried zucchini acts as a good substitute for hash browns. And then I mixed it with onions and eggs...it is very good! :)
@Willowlady (10666)
An omelet is filling and normally good for you. These are good you mentioned, however, we like onion, a bit of cheese, bell peppers too in them. Can often fill a large skillet and when it slides out we can cut it to feed a couple of us at a time. Time efficient on a busy morning or quick lunch. Thanks for sharing this and allowing me to add my thoughts!