How Many Of You Would Get Hypnotized?

I've always been interested in hypnotism, It's been something that just intregues me in every way. I watch shows on it, read stuff about it every day and everything. It's just so interesting. It would be nice to see how i would react to hypnotism, Does anyone in here have any experiences? Any of you seen it happening to someone else, hypnotized someone else? anything about it would be nice to hear.
@SKLC_PT (1234)
I would love to try it, from getting rid of bad habits to finding out why I'm so scared of something to trying regression hypnosis. I have heard that not everyone can be hypnotized though. There's only one hypnotist where I live and extremely pricey for sure so won't be trying it any time soon! I heard they've used it on some people that were on Oprah though to help people get over smoking.
Yeah it's true that not everyone can do this. It's unfortunate as well.. I hope you get to try it one of these days. It looks like it's something quite intrequing. It would be nice to be able to use it to overcome some of these common issues that people have every day
This is one experience I'd never wish I will ever go through at any point in my life. If ever I will be treated for whatever illness I may have, I want to be fully aware of everything that's taking place. In hypnotism, we have no hand at it, everything is left in the hands of the one who performs. As what I've learned through various readings and heard through some lectures, the patient has no recall of what goes through during the sessions. I can't even entertain the idea of me going through that kind of exercise.
Actually, In all of my readings and informational training through Licenced psychological training i have found that 9 out of every 10 people completely remember everything that went on in their session of hypnotism. I have also learned that you will never do anything in hypnotism that is morally wrong to you or that you wouldn't already want to do. I think that it might be a good idea for you to go to a licenced practitioner and ask some questions about this. It may be quite benificial to you to learn a little bit more about this topic.
@crazynurse (7489)
When I worked mental health nursing a few years back, I saw a physician hypnotise a young adolescent. The purpose was to see if she indeed did or did not have memory of a certain event. The hypnotism did work and as it turned out, she appeared to have no memory of the event in question. It was fascinating to watch. That was the one and only time in the 9 years that I worked at that institution that I saw hypnotism used.
@mipen2006 (5528)
I tried it many years ago when I was trying to quit smoking, but the hyponotist couldn't put me under. It's a fact not everyone can be hyponotised.
@Jshean20 (14373)
I've never experienced being hypmotized or seeing someone else be hypomotized, I think that it'd be neat though! I have to say, that I would only choose to become hypmotized if it was infront of a select few people, I don't think I could handle being embarrassed like that infront of a crowd.