What is an affordable way to soundproof a room?

@Bee1955 (3886)
We are beginning to add on to our house a "Media Room" for my husband and all his electronic gear. I need ideas to how to affordably (not necessarily cheaply) soundproof this room. It will be 14ft x 20ft.
@villageanne (8554)
This is going to sound weird but carpet put on the wall as well as the floor, will soundproof it. The local attorneys office has it up as far as the chair guard. They said it works great just that far up. Peronally, I dont know. I do not have a need for a soundproof room.
@Bee1955 (3886)
Oh we need it! He is set up in what is our livingroom with my bedroom and his mother's off it. The noise is unbearable and he wont wear headphones!
@Idlewild (6094)
The old-fashioned way used to be to staple a bunch of cardboard egg cartons on the walls. I'm sure there is a more advanced method today, like some kind of soundproofing foam that can be bought in rolls or sheets.
@emeraldisle (13145)
I do know one way is to carpet the walls. It doesn't make it completly sound proof but it will reduce the sound going in and out to almost nil. Not cheap but probably the most affordable.