Anyone had trouble when taking Vioxx for their arthritis?

@Bee1955 (3886)
I never had any side effects or heart attacks yet it helped my arthritis a great deal. What they put me on as a sub is totally inadequate and I want it back. Anyone out there feel the same?
@wmg2006 (5386)
I have not taken Vioxx, but know several elderly people who did. They too really liked it, but they did notice over a long time their muscles started aching. They had test and found they were losing muscle tone due to Vioxx, so that is another reason they do not prescribe it. I take plain aspirin for my arthritis and it works wonders.
What is the brand of aspirin do you take my friend.Is it work? I.m taking feldene nowdays, but not regularly, just when I feel pain because the doctor said it can effect our kidney.
@naty1941 (2336)
I was taking Vioxx for several years but then it started to give me a stomach ache and I had to switch to a different medication. However, I did not get much relieve from Vioxx. Remember though every person is different and if it worked for you you should discuss it with your physician.
@smartnrich (1067)
What I has heard vioxx was banned from my country market and hospital because it have side effect. Is it true? What do you think about feldene? have a great day.